Bilstein 5100s for Quigley converted E350

I'm hoping you guys can help us out. We're on the road in Mexico and our shocks are near toast. We'd like to replace them with 5100s but I'm having trouble getting the part number. I contacted quigley and they gave me a part number for 4600 shocks (Front 33-017204 Rear 33-176840). Is it possible to cross reference those numbers to give me a part number for the 5100 shocks?

Also does anyone know how I can get those shocks in Mexico? We just finished a trek at Malinche and we're headed to Oaxaca. I know there's a 4x4 shop in Costa Rica but I need to get this sorted before we cross into Guatemala.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Robbie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spencyg

This Space For Rent
The internals and valving are all the same between the 4600 and 5100 series dampers. 5100's are sized specifically for lifted applications, so you wouldn't go to a 5100 shock unless you wanted different travel specifications. This would mean instead of asking which 5100 shock is identical in travel and mounting configurations to your existing 4600 units, you would need to ask which 5100 series shock has 2" more travel, or is 3" longer than the one you have now.

If you are on the road and the shocks you have now are correct for your rig, you'll want to just buy the same part number again. The 4600's have a lifetime warranty, so you may be able to replace them for free with the right documentation.

SG

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
The internals and valving are all the same between the 4600 and 5100 series dampers. 5100's are sized specifically for lifted applications, so you wouldn't go to a 5100 shock unless you wanted different travel specifications. This would mean instead of asking which 5100 shock is identical in travel and mounting configurations to your existing 4600 units, you would need to ask which 5100 series shock has 2" more travel, or is 3" longer than the one you have now.

If you are on the road and the shocks you have now are correct for your rig, you'll want to just buy the same part number again. The 4600's have a lifetime warranty, so you may be able to replace them for free with the right documentation.

SG

Exactly, 5100's probably aren't available for this application. The #s they gave you are correct.

SG

Ok great. Now I just have to find out how to get them here. I'm staying at Overlander Oasis tonight and Calvin has a connection at a 4x4 shop in Oaxaca so hopefully that works out.
Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sbryan

Bilsteins 5100 may also fit. Just put them on a stock F350. Though the website talks about lifted suspensions there are also 500 ' for 0 to 2" lift. Have not looked at fitment for your rig however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne