Well the news is out so here's the build: Expedition Portal So-Cal Teardrop

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Sweet.

I actually just took delivery of my own SoCal teardrop this evening. It's sitting on my driveway now.

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Thanks everyone! I'm really excited about this project and getting to travel with this wonderful trailer.

The kitchen is essentially in its most stock form above. It features a two burner stove on a slide with one drawer. The fridge merely sitting in the lower section was borrowed and not installed permanently... yet haha

I won't be moving the rtt to the trailer as I dont have a major need for now. We were traveling with four people during this trip so we wanted the extra space. Besides, its very annoying to sleep in a trailer when the person shakes everything every time they move in the roof tent and vice-versa.

Also, for anyone interested, this will be the tow vehicle built to match

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Great truck...

Just turned over 105K on my TE, and running strong. An extremely capable platform right out of the box (once you lose the stock tires) Paul May has done a bang up job with his...and those Slee slider/steps on his are sweet.

Looking forward to the updates.

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Ya they are fantastic. Im running a stock size cooper at3 on there and the difference is noticeable.

Pauls truck is definitely great. I've looked over it a lot and was very tempted to follow his build. I decided in the end however that since this would be my tow vehicle, i would prefer to keep the interior of my truck mostly stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier