3 point suspension question

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
Reinforce the front mounts. We build truck equipment for a living, I have seen those mounts collapse in several instances. The factory box mounts in 8 contact points on the frame, you are down to 3/4, and will most likely be carrying a heavier load.
Cheers,
Mark.

rrliljedahl

Observer
It is a little hard to say as the whole custom camper build has imploded. My custom builder never did a lick of work over 8 months and spent my deposits on himself. So far I have recovered all but $4600 which he still refuses to give me.

Original estimate was 2500 lbs dry weight on the camper.
I had planned on 4000 lbs wet weight when my builder designed the flatbed.
Hopefully, my custom builder knew what he was doing with the flat bed design.

Opinions are welcomed.

Last edited:

zimm

Expedition Leader
It is a little hard to say as the whole custom camper build has imploded. My custom builder never did a lick of work over 8 months and spent my deposits on himself. So far I have recovered all but $4600 which he still refuses to give me.

Opinions are welcomed.

jesus. i hope it wasnt anyone on the forum.

i had a friend who hired a talented and reputable cabin builder to build him a home out of "fallen" timber. i had completed the rough plans, and he had about 80,000 in material stored, (time consuming to get the logs) outside of the stone foundation we had just completed, and.... it turned out the fella developed a meth habit, sold the logs, got charged as a child predator, and od'ed. that **********' sucked. . . . he seemed strange but his work checked out, and he had 2 custom furniture stores operating for 10+ years.

sometimes, you cant vet enough.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy

Opinions are welcomed.

Man that sucks, sorry to hear it. Where in NC are you? I'm in Raleigh maybe can help you get sorted.

rrliljedahl

Observer
jesus. i hope it wasnt anyone on the forum.

sometimes, you cant vet enough.

Zimm and Pugslyyy

Unfortunately, my custom builder who did this is someone who frequents this forum. So far, I have been hesitant to name him as I do not want to be accused of slander and there is ongoing legal action.

I live in western NC and the list of things that need to corrected or completed keeps growing.

This week I also discovered that the seat heaters he installed were simply a 2 piece strand of wire stuck through a hole in the seat frame. The end was tied in a knot so it would not pull out.
image.jpgimage.jpg

There was no seat heater. image.jpg

I knew that he had taken off the drivers side front fender to access the engine compartment while installing an EGT sensor. Today I noticed that there was only 1 bolt holding that fender on the vehicle! So far, I have discovered 8 places missing bolts.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Here is a pic of my $100 lumbar support which was stuck unto the foam seat back using duct tapeimage.jpg

I have already had to redo all the wiring for the rear lights as they were also messed up. No back up or brake lights. Turn signals worked inconsistently.

ARB on board air system install is incomplete with the wiring and switches needing to be installed.

Custom auxiliary fuel tank was installed with no port for fuel fill or port to let air out of the tank.

The list seems endless!

Last edited:

java

Expedition Leader
Wow that is horrible... Hope you can get it all back like it was supposed to be.

rrliljedahl

Observer
Wow that is horrible... Hope you can get it all back like it was supposed to be.

It is actually worse than horrible.

Every week I find something else that needs to be corrected.

Yesterday I noticed that there were pigtails hanging underneath the bumper winch combo.
image.jpg
He never hooked up the front turn signals on the ARB bumper that he installed!

rrliljedahl

Observer
But here is the good news!

My fabricator and I have parted ways for a multitude of reasons to include not his inability to complete my vehicle over 9 months and multiple false statements as to how my deposit money had been spent.

We have now moved from a verbal disagreement into the legal and potential criminal mode.

I will now be trying to correct all of the problems with this build and needing to ask all of you for your input.

Last edited:

java

Expedition Leader
But here is the good news!

My fabricator and I have parted ways for a multitude of reasons to include not his inability to complete my vehicle over 9 months and multiple false statements as to how my deposit money had been spent.

We have now moved from a verbal disagreement into the legal and potential criminal mode.

I will now be trying to correct all of the problems with this build and needing to ask all if you for your input.

Doesn't sound fun, but ask away, lots of knowledgeable people here. Sounds like it will be a nice truck when your done!

Tyrant 66

Adventurer
That type of behavior warrants prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. Your story sounds hardly believable but I guess it is true unfortunately

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rrliljedahl

Observer
I agree that my story sounds so bad that it can not be true. It is however true. The estimate to finish my truck was over $7000 before I discovered there were no set heaters and the needed repair of the rear pivot mount which started this thread. We are now over $8000 to finish the truck.

Maybe knowing who did this will add some credibility to my story and save some other member of this forum a similar fate.

My fabricator was Justin Marquand who is the sole proprietor/ owner of HD-RV and Six13 MetalWorks in Fletcher, NC.
Online he has been known as JMarquand, aka MegaAmbu, aka ZukiCamper

What Justin does not tell is that he is a convicted felon presently on a 10 year probation for embezzling $30,000 in 2009 from a bicycle shop he managed in Florida.
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20110602/ARTICLES/110609884

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...sturl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=

This is all a matter of public record if one just does Google search. I stupidly did not do so until after I was well past $30,000 in deposits.

From personel experience, Justin has shown me that he has not learned from his past mistakes. He appears to lack a social conscience which others need to aware of before entering into any business relationship with him. I bring this up here to alert others to be very careful before having him do any project that involves an exchange of money.

In addition to not having finished my truck build, Justin still owes me a $4600 refund for a custom flatbed camper build which he never started while living off my deposits for 7 months. You will see that he did give me back the majority of my money but I want the rest of it. I figured out what was really going on last July and he has slowly been paying me back.

He claims to have no additional funds to give me but obviously he has enough money to trick out his Samurai shown on his recent build thread.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/123947-Tin-Top-Pop-Top-Samurai-Build?highlight=Window
Sorry but his build thread was removed shortly after I posted this response.

My last conversation with him was that he wanted to finish my truck in exchange for the $4600 he owes me on the camper. Our relationship has degenerated to a point that I would be crazy to let him have my vehicle again. I was lucky to have gotten the truck out of his shop after he had it tore up for 9 months!

If anyone else has had a similar experience as mine, please contact me.

Ronald Liljedahl
rrliljedahl@gmail.com
828-243-9420

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles