1999 F250 7.3 Powerstroke Turnkey Rig

truex14

FOR SALE: 1999 Ford F250 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel

Description: This truck is clean and tight. No rattles. White extended cab short bed mechanical 4x4 lock in hubs. Add a leaf front with 2 shocks per side , lateral bar, rear add a leaf and airbags with on board compressor (not installed but in box all parts included). Intake and 4 inch turbo back exhaust. Wicked wheel turbo. Edge Evo programmer. 3.73 gear limited slip. Newish waterpump, starter, altenator, hydro boost, brakes, rotors,bedliner. Good 285 BFG AT's. Pioneer touchscreen Nav Unit. Interior above average clean. Tow mirrors updated headlights, Class IV trailer hich on front, Class V on back. Leer camper top water tight, bed has custom set up for camping with drawers and hinged cubby holes and carpet. Get's better than 18 mpg turning 1750 rpm's which is about 62 mph. 195k miles. Well maintained, good many receipts and warrantied items. This is a beast of a roadmaster turnkey rig set up for towing. Flexible delivery help considered. Also, trades considered for pre 2005 toyota trucks, non-crew cabs.

re: suspension mods...although the extra leaves make for a stiffer ride I think the benefits greatly outweigh any detrements. I just drove to Denali and back and I grew to love how this rig handles. For anyone who has driven the AlCan, you know the road between Haines Junction and the border is nearly as bad as it gets with frost heaves. It's an absolute suspension killer and will show you any weakness your vehicle may have. This rig OWNED that road. The front end is so absolutely planted. No body roll whatsoever. Extremely responsive. Now I know most of you on here understand the give and take compromises between on/off road performance more than I do. But with that said, I think this is a balanced set up.

Price: $11,500

No Known Problems.

IMAG0387.jpgIMAG0459.jpg058a.jpgIMAG0390.jpgIMAG0388.jpgIMAG0391.jpg

Last edited:

adam88

Explorer
ttt

Wondering about lack of interest...any input?

Probably just the price unfortunately. Tough to sell a 15 year old truck for $11,800. The super cab config doesn't help. I think something like 90% of all the trucks sold are crew cabs now. Also... the poor 7.3L is really depreciating quickly now-a-days. It had such a good, long run, where it held value so well (thanks to the miserable 6.0L), but now the 7.3L has become really dated. The new 6.7L scorpion diesels are just as reliable, if not more reliable, than the 7.3L, and they put out 2x the power at only slightly less MPG, while being much cleaner. It's quite incredible how technology has increased. I don't know where people get the money though... 60-70k for a new truck = insane.

truex14

Probably just the price unfortunately. Tough to sell a 15 year old truck for $11,800. The super cab config doesn't help. I think something like 90% of all the trucks sold are crew cabs now. Also... the poor 7.3L is really depreciating quickly now-a-days. It had such a good, long run, where it held value so well (thanks to the miserable 6.0L), but now the 7.3L has become really dated. The new 6.7L scorpion diesels are just as reliable, if not more reliable, than the 7.3L, and they put out 2x the power at only slightly less MPG, while being much cleaner. It's quite incredible how technology has increased. I don't know where people get the money though... 60-70k for a new truck = insane.

Uh, ok. I think one would be hard pressed to find this much vehicle for the price anywhere. Super Cab= short wheel base which I find desireable and I can't surmise I'm the only one. As for the 7.3 depreciating these days...I just flat disagree. I'm pretty sure you can't find a 6.7 for less than twice the cost of my rig either. So, thanks for the input...I asked for it I guess.

goodwaves

Adventurer
for the area i am in, the price seems about right to comparable models.

perhaps some pics of the "minimal rust" might ease some folks mind, but just the word sends chills thru some.

shellb

Adventurer
I think it is a highly desirable truck. Given how clean it is and the thoughtful mods you shouldn't have too hard of a time moving it with a bit more patience!

I agree about the benefits of super cab, short bed configuration, so you are not alone. Front bench seat, coupled with the 99 flat folding rear seat makes a pretty flexible interior set-up.

Good luck with the sale! Wish I was in the market.

Skyjeep

Observer
Doesn't seem out of line to me at all. I disagree completely with the statement about 7.3's being less desirable. They have only gone up in value last couple years. Nothing but the cummins comes close to the reliability in an American truck. Nothing ford has done since has come close. Even the "better" ones still don't touch them for simplicity and reliability.
You could probably sell that in a week where I live. The only downside I see is the short bed. And to some it's not a downside. I do agree about the rust comment. I hate rust. Some pics or better explanation may help.
Good luck to ya. If your not in a hurry it'll sell. If you are maybe drop it a tad. No doubt that truck will bring over 10 imho.

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
I'd be in the market if I didn't already have a 7.3. That's a fair price, and I don't see no rust. Love that engine. Only thing better is the old 12 valve Cummins. Did you cut the header panel to get those lights in, or did you replace it? I'm thinking I want to update my headlights and just wondering how hard it was.

hankgs

Adventurer
I like your truck and I am starting to consider Ford 7.3... I'm just a little jaded towards a Dodge Cummins 2000-2002 SHORTBED Quadcab, but they are getting hard to find at a fair price. As for the member who is dissing your model due to being a shortbed xtracab can't be serious. You can't take a crewcab down Steele Pass :smiley_drive: I would be all over your truck if it was a rust free west coaster. It will sell...

dcguillory

Adventurer
Here in Cali that would be sold pretty easy at that price. 1999 7.3s still going for 15k here if they are real nice

tip

Adventurer
x10 The 7.3 is still more desirable than ever. That truck would sell for a few more grand up here in the PNW.

Wish I was in the market... GLWS

truex14

I'd be in the market if I didn't already have a 7.3. That's a fair price, and I don't see no rust. Love that engine. Only thing better is the old 12 valve Cummins. Did you cut the header panel to get those lights in, or did you replace it? I'm thinking I want to update my headlights and just wondering how hard it was.

daddyusmaximus:
The previous owner did the headlights and its a trim job...can see a little raw cut edge...but barely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior