Day One...not that this is going to go fast, or anything

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Seat order numbers...

Here you go, John:

Actually, here are all the parts #'s (however, these are internal parts numbers for Industrial Seats dot Com, they don't cross over, but if you look at the national seats site you'll see that you can tell which is which)

NS-00452.51 Seat, Upper 2 tone gray leather, driver or passenger, sportster, no isolator -689.00
NS-SK-1485-01 Seat heater kit 12v -149.00
NS-231141-51L LH armrest/gray leather -91.56
NS-231141-51R RH armrest/gray leather -91.56
NS - SK1483 Air compressor kit -334.55
NS-232313-01 F-series AirSpn Driver 1999.5 and up -283.45
NS-232313-03 F-series AirSpn Pass 1999.5 and up -283.45

Last edited:

Czechsix

Doing a bit of fitting. This is a somewhat modified bumper setup that I'm working out with Aluminess. I didn't want a folding brush guard, so we worked out a design for a fixed, somewhat forward leaning design that will clear the cab when it tilts. I'll also be adding in a lower radiator shield, and an A/C condenser shield, along with mounts for three LED light bars and a couple of antenna mounts -one for HF and one VHF. Today was the first test fit, then it'll be back down next week for a second test fit while the guard is tacked down, and then off to powder coating. Probably a couple of weeks before it's done, but I might have it installed before heading out to King of the Hammers on February 6th.

I tried to buy Howard70's custom storage box they're working on, but no matter how many beers I offered, they wouldn't take me up on the offer. :sombrero:

20150113_110138_resized.jpg

Mock Tender

Adventurer
What are you putting between the seats once you have the Nationals in? Also, what is this storage box Howard is getting?

Mark

Howard70

Adventurer
I'll let Howard fill in the question mark, but Aluminess does some very nice storage boxes as part of their bumper accessory line. http://www.aluminess.com/accessories/boxes/

Hey Czechsix:

You keep your hands off my box! Sorry we missed you when we were in Lakeside. We did spend 5 days in Anza Borrego (1 - 5 Jan). Started out in Rock House Canyon for 3 nights, then did Grapevine Canyon, back down S2 for two more nights at the end of the road in Carrizo Canyon. Fantastic weather!

Mark:

We're having the folks at Aluminess build a 33 x 30 x 13" version of their deluxe box with a mount designed to replace one of our EarthCruiser's spare tire carriers. We have two spare carriers on the rear bumper, but for some of our trips we only need one spare (and a plug kit) so we decided to have the option to carry other stuff in place of the 2nd spare. The mount for the box will bolt to the rear bumper via the 5 mounting holes (already equipped with heavy duty backing plates) available when the carrier is removed. I'm hoping I can offer Czechsix a few beers and some New Mexico exploring in return for delivering the completed box to us!

Howard

jomobco

Now Decanter
That's actually a good question, for now it's a big blank space.

I'll let Howard fill in the question mark, but Aluminess does some very nice storage boxes as part of their bumper accessory line. http://www.aluminess.com/accessories/boxes/

Let me know once you get them in if you think one could fit a childs racing seat in between the two. I've been dreaming of putting a harness racing seat in between the two air rides mounted from the main seat bases.

Czechsix

Let me know once you get them in if you think one could fit a childs racing seat in between the two. I've been dreaming of putting a harness racing seat in between the two air rides mounted from the main seat bases.

There's going to be plenty of space between the seats, I think. I'd even hazard a guess that you could probably get two kids seats in there...seriously, lots of space. I'll break out the tape measure tomorrow and give you a better idea.

Howard: Ah, I don't want your box anyway....not big enough for a real man's FG :D I don't know about scheduling, these last few months have been chaotic, but we might have a trip heading East coming up. If we're heading through your neighborhood I'll give you a heads up and get that box out to you.

Czechsix

Bit more bumper work done, soon to be sent off to powder coating. It's also getting a 30" BD light bar, a flush mount cornering light on each corner, and two antenna mounts (one for HF and one for VHF/whip flags)

bumper stage 2.jpg

Czechsix

Thanks Howard!

Here are a couple more shots, including one showing how tight they were able to get it when the cab is tilted:
Rolled out...
FG bumper just installed at aluminess.jpg

Cab tilt - got pretty close!
FG bumper side view cab tilt.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne