AEV RAM At Sema.

Gatordoc

Adventurer
At this point the roll out will be something like this: Bumper for 13.5 2500/3500, Wheels and Raised Intake for 13.5 Diesel and 13.5 Diesel 3500 suspension first around the new year. Then the 13.5 diesel 2500 suspension, Raised intake for gas engines, and gas 2500 suspension to follow shortly after. We all know there are very few differences between the bumpers on the 10-13.5 trucks but we need to do test fits on all of them before we will "officially" release it just to be sure no small parts are needed due to the different intercooler or fog light wiring or whatever it may be. I would expect us to release the bumper for the older trucks relatively quickly.

We're running 4.10s with the 41s with the manual, with the auto, 4.56 would be the way to go.
What is the oldest generation you expect to eventually support? Given that folks on this board and others frequently throw several thousand dollars of aftermarket equipment at sub-$10k vehicles, I like to think there is a market for you guys with the older (2nd-3rd gen) Ram HD community.

We'll judge what the market is. Unfortunately sometimes we want to make products for older rigs, but the cost of manufacturing our parts doesn't make a business case. I remember a few years after the TJ went out of production, the sales of high-end parts dropped like a rock...I have a second gen Ramcharger I've been piecing together using a 01 Cummins truck as a base as well as an 06 3rd gen Ram...so believe me I'd be first to sign up for some of these parts for my personal projects. I would say we'll take a solid look at the pre 13.5 suspension because that would backdate to 03 and might make sense. Bumper we might also take a look at for 3rd gen, but probably hard to make a business case for unless there is a lot of carryover...impossible to say at this point.

dh

Gatordoc

Adventurer
We'll judge what the market is. Unfortunately sometimes we want to make products for older rigs, but the cost of manufacturing our parts doesn't make a business case. I remember a few years after the TJ went out of production, the sales of high-end parts dropped like a rock...I have a second gen Ramcharger I've been piecing together using a 01 Cummins truck as a base as well as an 06 3rd gen Ram...so believe me I'd be first to sign up for some of these parts for my personal projects. I would say we'll take a solid look at the pre 13.5 suspension because that would backdate to 03 and might make sense. Bumper we might also take a look at for 3rd gen, but probably hard to make a business case for unless there is a lot of carryover...impossible to say at this point.

dh
Fair enough - I work for an automotive supplier, so I can appreciate not wanting to tool up for a low production job. No sense in throwing away money at a product that won't make you any in return. It would be nice to see some more high-quality aftermarket support for the 03+ HD Dodges, though.
Thanks for the response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke