AEV RAM At Sema.

lzpup

Observer
I love it, makes me want to build one just like it. Perhaps in a few years i can find a surplus service vehicle, with a stick and give it that treatment

HRT Offroad

Suspension Guy
The snorkel is cool and it has clean set of cut-out flares, but other than that and allowing for lower lift and larger tires...what did they achieve? The front bumper doesn't improve approach angle, the flatbed looks like it would work well on a farm, but not well suited for an expedition rig. I'm personally not a fan....

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
I don't know how you can hate on it. Its great to see a major aftermarket manufacturer focusing on pure off road ability and utility versus 26" wheels and bling.

It shares the same basic layout as this...
images

HRT Offroad

Suspension Guy
I don't know how you can hate on it. Its great to see a major aftermarket manufacturer focusing on pure off road ability and utility versus 26" wheels and bling.

It shares the same basic layout as this...
images

I'm not hating on it and I have never been a fan of anything 26" and blingy :) It's just not what I would want in a rig. A flat deck, winch, snorkel and large tires/wheels doesn't mean it possesses pure offroad ability. Don't get me wrong; some of the parts are very cool...especially for the full size domestic market. But, IMO, the truck as a whole is lipstick with a couple cool features. There's a lot of rigs built like that at SEMA. It's a slight improvement over last years AEV Ram, but not over the top.

Skennedy

Adventurer
I'm not hating on it and I have never been a fan of anything 26" and blingy :) It's just not what I would want in a rig. A flat deck, winch, snorkel and large tires/wheels doesn't mean it possesses pure offroad ability. Don't get me wrong; some of the parts are very cool...especially for the full size domestic market. But, IMO, the truck as a whole is lipstick with a couple cool features. There's a lot of rigs built like that at SEMA. It's a slight improvement over last years AEV Ram, but not over the top.
I would Dare you to drive AEVs ram and the others and let us know how well they compare .

toddz69

Explorer
I saw it first thing this morning and while it's a neat build, I prefer a regular bed on a pickup as well. Fed Ex lost AEV's shipment so catalogs won't be available until tomorrow.

Todd Z.

HRT Offroad

Suspension Guy
I would Dare you to drive AEVs ram and the others and let us know how well they compare .

I am no stranger to offroad built Rams, so please line it up and I will gladly take you up on your DARE. You can even ride right seat...then at the end of it all, I'll take you for a boogie in my Ram. Just because I have a different opinion than 95% of the general public....doesn't make me a bad person :D When it comes to these trucks, there's a few of us that have a pretty good idea what abilities they have and what they need to work and work well.

ZJARCHER

Adventurer
What Kevin said.
Why point out that Kevin has close to $15k in suspension when that AEV package, Im sure, costs WELL in excess of that, all for the "LOOK" of an expo vehicle without the functional gain that Kevin's truck gained....

AEV missed with this one IMO. And im usually a fan.

Littlehouse

Adventurer
What Kevin said.
Why point out that Kevin has close to $15k in suspension when that AEV package, Im sure, costs WELL in excess of that, all for the "LOOK" of an expo vehicle without the functional gain that Kevin's truck gained....

AEV missed with this one IMO. And im usually a fan.

I simply pointed it out, because his truck isn't even in the same league as the AEV one. It's WELL beyond it...but the cost is well beyond it too. $15k is just the suspension...he's got much more than that into the whole package. I wish I could afford something like his truck, but the AEV ram will be something much more achievable. The bumper is awesome, and I hope they have something mild enough to look good with 37s.

HRT Offroad

Suspension Guy
I simply pointed it out, because his truck isn't even in the same league as the AEV one. It's WELL beyond it...but the cost is well beyond it too. $15k is just the suspension...he's got much more than that into the whole package. I wish I could afford something like his truck, but the AEV ram will be something much more achievable. The bumper is awesome, and I hope they have something mild enough to look good with 37s.

I bet if you took everything into consideration and totalled up the receipts - I bet the two rigs wouldn't be far off dollar wise as one off trucks. And I can guarantee you that I have less of a budget than them! IMO...one truck is built with 100% user function in mind...and one truck is built with a mass market appeal. Neither is wrong...the AEV Ram just isn't my cup of tea....so to speak. For me it is disappointing, as with all the hype surrounding it...I had hoped for much more out of a company like AEV.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
It certainly looks like a Ute bed. Is there more tech info on the new AEV truck, or are you guys that are "disappointed" just going by what you can see? I like AEVs design ideas, but have never "had" to have any of their stuff. I will say that their tire choice is wrong for the whole long distance travel thing. The Swampers that came on my new 100 series are intolerably loud for any kind of distance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles