AEV RAM At Sema.

Clutch

<---Pass
Clutch - do you have a specific MFG for that flat bed? That is exactly what I am looking for on one of our farm rigs that we haul a four wheeler around on to check cattle with! Any help would be greatly appreciated, no one around here is building anything like that with a slot for a ramp.

That was built by the owner of the truck. I pulled the pic from here: http://backcountryrebels.com/showthread.php?t=5971&page=2

036.jpg

039.jpg

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I really hoped AEV looked at their target market for this, most expo folks have a family and a regular cab simply doesn't work, not to mention no real dry storage outside the cab. In all reality this rig makes very little sense at all. And to be honest if someone were looking for a full size 4wd they would just buy a Power Wagon and upgrade as needed.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Except that the Unimog will eat it for lunch and dinner off road. No comparison in performance levels. Besides that, the main problem with both is that their size severely limits where they can travel off road.

Sure. But only where I don't want to drive anyways. And a Honda CRF450R will do back flips over a 'mog. So what's the point?

Big difference between playing around on trails, and actually needing to go somewhere. Is the job rock crawling? Or is it getting to a camp site. Chasing hurricanes in florida was a chainsaw, winch, and DRW Ford. Depneds what the job is. That Dodge will stomp a 'mog badly in meeting my needs. I'd love to have the Ford Crewcab pictured above.

Pretty sure AEV will sell these parts to CC guys.

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
I really hoped AEV looked at their target market for this, most expo folks have a family and a regular cab simply doesn't work, not to mention no real dry storage outside the cab. In all reality this rig makes very little sense at all. And to be honest if someone were looking for a full size 4wd they would just buy a Power Wagon and upgrade as needed.

They already built a crew cab version...so I don't see why some are bitching.

Hey, we don't have kids nor like playing taxi driver. I see it as a multi-use tool for a single guy or a spawnless couple. Hauling sleds, dirt bikes, quads...building supplies, toss on some stake panels and haul fire wood...or toss on a FWC flatbed camper. Ya know...actually use what a truck is supposed to be used for.

There aren't many, but there are some that want a no BS no non-sense travel rig...without dragging some *snot nosed brats along. (*that includes the adult versions too! ;) :D )

index.php

Power wagon doesn't come in diesel, nor RC is I recall. We just recently move here to Idaho.... Lotsa fullsize diesel flat beds running around. Plenty of the AEV target market here.

Being from AZ I sure was into the IFS prerunner type of exploration rig, now being up North...my tune is changing.

Last edited:

proper4wd

Expedition Leader

I'm sure they did look at their target market... and you're probably not in it (by self admission).

It's an all-purpose, go-anywhere, flatbed pickup. Like I said, you don't hear people saying a single cab Unimog "makes very little sense at all". Sure, that vehicle is designed to be even more heavy duty and go even more places, but there has to be a middle ground between a regular 1 ton 4wd truck on 33's and a Mog. This is it.

Clutch

<---Pass
It's an all-purpose, go-anywhere, flatbed pickup. Like I said, you don't hear people saying a single cab Unimog "makes very little sense at all". Sure, that vehicle is designed to be even more heavy duty and go even more places, but there has to be a middle ground between a regular 1 ton 4wd truck on 33's and a Mog. This is it.

Could even step it up a bit more and go with a 4500-5500 chassis as well.

Might be able to squeeze on a camper and two dirt bikes on this one.

brush-truck-3.jpg

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer

That looks great! I'm a regular cab lover too. The center of gravity looks pretty low as well on that flatbed whereas the Ute Tray on the AEV concept is propped up pretty high on risers which would be bad for popup camper CG’s.

Clutch

<---Pass
That looks great! I'm a regular cab lover too. The center of gravity looks pretty low as well on that flatbed whereas the Ute Tray on the AEV concept is propped up pretty high on risers which would be bad for popup camper CG's.

You can pick up RC's for dirt cheap too, since they are out of vogue now.

The UTE bed on the RAM does look awfully high. Diggin' the truck though, refreshing to see a RC built up....nothing over the top either, "basic" (if I can say that about a modern truck) no BS rig.

From last year's SEMA.

Like this too.

6a00d83451b3c669e2019b00c5f495970d-pi

HRT Offroad

Suspension Guy
Sure it would. Get some bikes or a side by side.

Been there and have no desire anymore. I load and unload toys all winter, so in the warm months - my truck is my exploring rig. When I find a nice spot that I want to stay at; I fold out the RTT, put a grill on the fire and grab a cold one:D

Clutch

<---Pass
Been there and have no desire anymore. I load and unload toys all winter, so in the warm months - my truck is my exploring rig. When I find a nice spot that I want to stay at; I fold out the RTT, put a grill on the fire and grab a cold one:D

Think that means you're getting old. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94