2001 F350 4x4 7.3L Powerstoke Diesel all-purpose build

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
Yes i was worried about them falling lol. I made a mod to the latch so I could slide a keeper pin through.
It wasnt an easy job, but I used a harbor freight oscillating multi tool and that made it so much easier, it really saved me alot of headaches cutting the old panel out evenly.
I bought new interior paint at home depot Behr Iron Mountain Grey for the cabinets and walls, and Ultra pure white for the ceiling.
New horizontal propane tank and straps. The previous owner was running a vertical tank in the horizontal position:eek:
Led interior lights from amazon.
Also got some vinyl trafficmaster floating flooring from home depot

-Im off today so im Finishing up roof reinforcement.
-Rebuilding rear door.
IMAG0902_zpsvkyrzg9r by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

IMAG0903_zps38mjrat6 by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

IMAG0905_zpswduks2gn by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

interior led_zpsp3ph6txo by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

strap kit_zps5gnknjc6 by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

Last edited:

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
Got the back door rebuilt today the bottom was rotten and most of the wood was missing.
I just need to cut the piece of plastic for the inside then re assemble the aluminum side pieces.

IMAG0915_zpsuxftw87x by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

IMAG0916_zpsgqkilhvv by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

IMAG0917_zpschwycws3 by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

IMAG0918_zpsfuz3es1v by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

IMAG0919_zpsxbonr5i4 by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

IMAG0920_zpshhmilc5p by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

IMAG0921_zpsdmglkwcr by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

IMAG0922_zpsevxvrtpk by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

Last edited:

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
Yep thats it! i really beefed it up compared to the old style and I used simpson 90 degree straps. I am adding a third 2x4 crossmember today for a dead bolt and to add more rigidity.

underdrive

jackwagon
Yes I saw you added the steel pieces, good call. We used a variety of Simpson straps throughout ours, and everything is glued AND screwed together. Can't be too overkill with these things, they were never really meant to handle anything worse than a graded dirt road... Dead bolt is a good idea, even though we hardly ever use ours as it won't really stop a determined animal (be it a thief or a bear), but at least as a visual deterrent it's nice to have one.

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
Didnt have much time to work on the camper today cut the new inside panel for the door and added another support across the middle of the door

IMAG0927.jpgIMAG0934.jpg

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
Door is all finished.
We have had some heavy rain here and a couple windows are leaking, so i will have to take them out a re seal them. we have rain in the forecast for at least a week, so i think i will throw a tarp over it until I get them fixed.
Used all stainless steel hardware and also rebuilt and serviced the door lock.
I had a little trouble getting the aluminum side trim pieces back on because the new interior panel was slightly thicker than the old panel. about six thin metal putty knives helped it all slip together nicely.

IMAG0934_zpsu6ntsust by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

IMAG0936_zpsrwapx6kr by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

IMAG0938_zpscuaoa23h by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

IMAG0939_zps6uymleym by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

IMAG0940_zpsggwvi6oy by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

Last edited:

underdrive

jackwagon
Indeed, nice work. Also yes, definitely tarp up the camper till the rains pass - if the wood around the leaky windows gets wet you will have to wait a bit till it's dry before you can proceed with the reseal, and that is almost as annoying as waiting on fresh paint to do its thing.

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
Got the framework all in today and went to the hardware store and bought some r-tech insulfoam, and some smooth sanded birch plywood for the bed decking. I will install the decking insulfoam and re attach the aluminum siding tomorrow.

2x4 cross beams tied into the side of the overhang:

IMAG1041_zpsw4tkbyuf by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

IMAG1042_zps5ia0sbn8 by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

New Nose Pieces Cut:

IMAG1043_zpswqqfqns8 by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

IMAG1044_zpshjcjxtqy by PWRstroke_smoke, on Flickr

Attachments

• IMAG1040.jpg
    IMAG1040.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Forum statistics