2001 F350 4x4 7.3L Powerstoke Diesel all-purpose build

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
I go the stabilizer bracket from topguncustomz.com. you can flip the tie rod brackets and mount the stabilizers on top of the center bracket for even more ground clearance. In the pic above they are mounted in the lower position, i have since flipped them on top and the clearance is very nice I dont have to worry about ripping them off!

I got the seats from an online junkyard out of Canada, I dont recall their name but they were on ebay. I paid 600 shipped for both of the seats which was a very good price considering what they go for on ebay right now, plus they were freighted to california all the way from canada. I have the 10 way power functions hooked up on both of them. I have not hooked up the heating yet.

wallace2000

Awesome rig. I have the 7.3 with the zf6 as well. I saw you said you're going to do the full force 160/100. I recently got rid of those injectors. I had a few issues with them and had to replace one shortly after the warranty went out. A couple more the ago I lost 4 more and decided to get a full new set. Went with swamps 250/200. Swamps has a longer warranty my mileage went up by 4-5 mpg and the power is incredible. I also got a hydrachip with swamps tunes. If I did it all over I would go right to the 250/200. Just my .02. Again ************ truck I wish mine was that clean. And if you want an arb locker for that front Dana 50 shoot me a pm

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
I was debating between swamps and full force and all my friends have swamps, now your story, I think I just might go with swamps now!
And yes I have been looking for a used one pm inbound.

Woofwagon

Adventurer
I understand, my wife and I want to have kids in the next 2 years, and my mother in law has told me more than once my truck will have to go its not a family vehicle. There is no chance in he11 i'm getting rid of this truck!

And what does your mother in law know about trucks? You sell that truck and two months later there will be a call from her on the phone asking if you know where a truck is handy to move antique furniture. Been there done that, not married and going to stay that way.

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
And what does your mother in law know about trucks? You sell that truck and two months later there will be a call from her on the phone asking if you know where a truck is handy to move antique furniture. Been there done that, not married and going to stay that way.
Well she doesnt know anything about this truck. not to mention she is die hard duramax lover, my father in law has one. So that being said I have converted my wife to a 7.3l enthusiast and she wont ever make me sell it, its here to stay
Ill just have to get a low mileage 7.3l crewcab when the whole kids thing happens! by that time the in-laws duramax should be blown up and ill be driving two 7.3's while they are on their second duramax haha.

Seabass

Idiot
Man I like that rig! Especially with the topper! One- ton trucks can take a licking while carrying a butt load of weight. They ride harsh- and maybe a little on the big side in the tight places but it's worth it. I have a crew cab long bed and wouldn't take a share in the railroad for it. I love my OBS powerstroke. It's getting old- but I'd drive it anywhere (actually I do cause it's my "nice" truck according to my wife) I say keep up the progress- your doing a great job so far!

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
Thanks for the feedback! my brother in law has the same pickup as you same color but extended cab, he loves it! its his first diesel

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
Nice! Do you have a picture of them mounted this way?
I have them off right now im getting ready to rebuild the front end new ball joints seals tie rods etc, Ill take pictures of it all when i get it back together and post them up here. I got 4 weeks of school left so it will be a little while till i get it all back together. I ride my bike to work and school to keep the miles low, lol

Colorado_Outback

Adventurer
Nice truck. I dig the interior swap!

I'm in the process of putting 4 heated captains out of an 03 Escalade into my 94 CCLB Chevy.

Keep up the good work!

Stoney126

Adventurer
How do you like the icon lift? Any reason you went 6 instead of 4? Truck looks good. Lift , tires and wheels are on my list.

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
Its basically the 4.5" hanger kit with a 1.5" add a leaf in the front block in rear. The add a leaf was on the truck when i bought it from a family member.
I also added the optional icon adjustable trac bar, and the box kit which drops the trac bar mounting location,
the box kit also comes with a different drop pitman that has better geometry.
The components work together flawlessly i have no complaints, i love the kit and the ride is like stock since you use the stock leaf springs.
mine is a tab stiffer due to the add a leaf, but the bilstein 5100's help that out a lot.
I think its the best kit for the given price range and you can use it off road without fear of breaking anything from the lift kit
Icons workmanship and material grade is some of the best and made in the USA.

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
Great truck! What kind of topper is that?

Its an Innovation brand camper shell, but im pretty sure they have been out of business for a few years.
I got it off craigslist for free because the back glass was broken, so i made a jeep style back cover out of boat vinyl then i lined the backside with a heavy duty clear vinyl like the clear window vinyl on a jeep soft top.
it snaps on the camper and tailgate. since this photo i trimmed the cover with alumunim angle to divert rain water from the top down the sides
photo_zps2e2b6442 by PWRstroke_smoke

Last edited:

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
ive got a 50" led light bar coming and a rigid wiring harness. I was going to make my own harness but the rigid ones are only 23 dollars on amazon and its a high quality harness.
Does anyone know where to buy above the windshield mounts for an 01 f350?? I want to make my own but don't have the right tools at the new house yet to fab my own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94