My 2004 Grandby project/ travel thread

brian90744

American Trekker
rear lights mod

Have thought about running the left flood lite to your back-up truck light, great at late camp sight arrival. I did mine and it helps.just FYI=brian

eblau

Adventurer
Have thought about running the left flood lite to your back-up truck light, great at late camp sight arrival. I did mine and it helps.just FYI=brian

That is an awesome idea, I will do that! Would help out for sure, these things are stupid bright.

eblau

Adventurer
While I'm sure the rivnuts are great I've never had a screw loosen up on me. I can't see doing it until theres a problem. Good looking lights but I've found I use my "porch" lights much more than the big LED floods. Nice to have when you need them though.

The LED floods are overkill for camping for sure (and rude depending on where you are camping HA), but the camper will be mostly used at the track and the lights will be awesome for hanging out in the paddock at night or working on a car after the sun goes down. I have screws loose all over the place and several broken ones for the top latches. All the screws for the jack brackets were also loose. While I'm not going to go crazy and replace all the jack bracket holes with rivnuts/ machine screws I am going to do all the latches, its a permanent solution. I also see you are in California, we have hot wet summers and very cold (sometimes also very wet) winters. This climate is hell for any camper left outside... probably why the screws are snapping or coming loose.

eblau

Adventurer
Finished

null_zps6cb66d5e.jpg

null_zps45dce4e3.jpg

null_zps52d1dd18.jpg

craig333

Expedition Leader
Climate certainly could have something to do with it. Hadn't thought about using the lights for working on a vehicle but they'd be great for that.

eblau

Adventurer
Took advantage of the unseasonably nice weather today to put down some cheap laminate wood flooring. I also added aluminum angle to some "high traffic" areas on the cabinetry that were getting scuff marks from shoes etc.

null_zps844f9741.jpg

null_zps515b0913.jpg

Last edited:

MakersTeleMark

Adventurer
You might consider putting a metal lip from the floor to the door so you can just sweep directly to the outside from the camper.

Nice score.

eblau

Adventurer
Placed an order for the 3M 4200 yesterday to reseal the roof screws. Had a small amount of water in the drivers rear of the camper a week or so ago. Probably the last project before I store the camper for the rest of the winter.

eblau

Adventurer
Hoping to get some work done this weekend. I ordered the Wave 3 catalytic heater yesterday and it is supposed to arrive today. My plan is to use repurpose the 3 way fridge's propane port for the heater and install an AC/DC fridge in the spring in place of the Norcold. I spent about 20 minutes trying to get it to do anything on LP mode and while it had a strong consistent blue flame it did not exhibit any signs of cooling. I then left it for two days on 110 with a beer in the fridge and still nothing.

brian90744

American Trekker
If you can remove the fridge outside the camper, and roll it up-side down, they sometime get a vapor lock in the lines, do this twice and test on LP. It may take 2 Hours for the liquid to drain around inside the pipes. you may save $$,
PS: if you have room inside the camper to do this=better. brian

Last edited:

eblau

Adventurer
If you can remove the fridge outside the camper, and roll it up-side down, they sometime get a vapor lock in the lines, do this twice and test on LP. you may save $$,
PS: if you have room inside the camper to do this=better. brian

I may try this if I get some free time to screw around with it.

Camelfilter

Explorer
-Tip for the LEDs, put a dimmer switch on them.

Full brightness when you want, nice and low at night when you want, plus everything in between.

The one I run was like 7$ from super bright LEDs. It splices in-line after my switch. It also has all kinds of "blink/flash" functions, which I haven't used-but might be handy as added hazard lights.

This here should link to the one I use: Mini dimmer switch

I just now noticed that they have a whole bunch of dimmers, some with remote control. Now that'd be styling!

eblau

Adventurer
-Tip for the LEDs, put a dimmer switch on them.

Full brightness when you want, nice and low at night when you want, plus everything in between.

The one I run was like 7$ from super bright LEDs. It splices in-line after my switch. It also has all kinds of "blink/flash" functions, which I haven't used-but might be handy as added hazard lights.

This here should link to the one I use: Mini dimmer switch

I just now noticed that they have a whole bunch of dimmers, some with remote control. Now that'd be styling!

I definitely need a dimmer for these things!

Here is how the latch rivnuts look, I have a few screws to drill out and found one latch with only one screw holding it in! The screw heads were there but just fell out when I tried to unscrew them. I am using M5 rivnuts.

null_zpsaf381bc7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier