Mellow yellow...

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
I know it's a Discovery series I, but thats about it. Anyone care to shed some light on this recent addition to our parking lot?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

t42beal13t

Adventurer
Looks like an XD clone. Did you see any special vehicles decals or just those XD stickers? RTE bumpers weren't factory but it's a cool setup.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
That is not a clone. That's the real deal. Also has about $5k+ of SafariGard parts on it probably from the early 2000's.

t42beal13t

Adventurer
I'm not sure about that hood logo.

Here is what I've seen for the Eco challenge logos.
52689d1411768298-anyone-here-own-1996-eco-challenge-xd-door-decal.jpg

It's a 96 Eco Challenge XD. Only 28 were made. Very rare.
More info here: http://www.landroversonly.com/forums/f9/anyone-here-own-1996-eco-challenge-xd-50346/

Mack73

Adventurer
I'm not sure about that hood logo.

Here is what I've seen for the Eco challenge logos.

The logo is all faded and most of the elements are gone so you are seeing the regular hood blackout. Here is what the full color logo would have looked like:
Image_eco.jpg

Also you can see the "British Columbia '96" in this photo from when a guy was respraying the hood and sanded most of it off.
IMG_1037.jpg

TRIARII

Adventurer
I like the color and the vinyl printing! How does one go about getting custom vinyl decals for their vehicle without paying a fortune? I have an 04 D2 and I have some ideas in mind.

JSBriggs

Adventurer
I went and looked at them when they were for sale after the event at the Seattle dealership. There wasn't any discount for them being used. They considered all of the add ons as compensation for the depreciation. Keep in mind this was '96, so there were a few unsold 95 D-90's on the lot still, and they were the same price.

-Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke