Year in Mexico: Previa vs. Astro?

Ssyork

Looks like a great adventure! How hard was it to buy a place down there? Expensive?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

grox

Observer
Well, my wife is Mexican, so pretty easy for us to buy. A little harder for non-Mexicans but certainly not impossible. Land in popular places like Sayulita isn't as cheap as you might expect but, there are still good deals to be had. You need to look beyond the typical gringo sources though. We scoured the internet for months before we bought. Even then, it was a small ad on Mexican Craiglist where we found our lot. We found great deals in near-by towns like Lo De Marcos and Chacala.

dar395

Adventurer
Just Returning

:sombrero: Just returning from Janos, Chih MX we saw two others from the States and after re-reading your Thread I think if this was myself I might change course on the building of a house to start with. I too would like a place for the thought's of small house to be on this site as an added forum.

After this last trip we would look at a school bus with an HI platform this process would allow me to not only take my home into MX but easier on the wife, the bus allows for higher level of insulation, heating, cooling, plumbing as well as transport of home goods. Of the two I just ran into this past week one couple had attached a large added area on the right side out of electric conduit as framing with simple tarp coverings allowing for 30' X 15' as an outdoor shielded patio area roping through the tubes and staking into the earth with some great storage under the bus, very clean and low in cost. I never tried this but the owner used boat paint, or Top Side paint with a roller and brush app, easy to find on the net. Paint to match area of homestead.

Than I'd tow the van as a toad, just a little more adding to your dream.

Hope this adds food for thought :coffee:

dar395

Adventurer
Mexico Travels

Mexico is a great place to explore and for long term stays, I don't wish to take from this thread in no way, but this is the spot that's active on Mexico.
:coffeedrink:
If you have interest in Mexico as your travel point I was able to pick up three extra "Sanborn's Travelog Series" a} Central Route & Copper Cayon, b} Northeastern Mexico, c} Baja, as courtesy copies if some one needs this information for their travels or planning I can pass them on, with only the three it's first come (they're like milepost to Ak lots of great infor):sombrero:, just email me:smiley_drive:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Hey Grox. What part of Sayu did you buy in? My family lived there for over 20 years. That's not really part of the thread, but I'll toss another vote on the Astro pile.

grox

Observer
Hey Grox. What part of Sayu did you buy in? My family lived there for over 20 years. That's not really part of the thread, but I'll toss another vote on the Astro pile.

We bought along the river, on the other side of Punta Mita highway. Super peaceful and still undeveloped, but probably not for long. We just returned and I can tell you that our lonely road was busier than I've ever seen it. Nevertheless - good times in Sayulita. Magical as always.

Many Astro's in the area. Seem to be a good choice of locals and ex-pats alike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles