Fuel milage???? 80 and a 100

97LXAZ

My 97 LX450 with 35s, stock gears, rear bumper only, I get anywhere from low 13's to high 13's. Only 3 miles of freeway on my 9 mile commute to work 4 days a week. November through February I coach basketball so will be driving more distance and more highway so looking at getting in the 14's. I keep it at 60 mph most of the time and enjoy the drive. Our '06 LX470, which my wife drives a little more highway overall gets high 14's, last tank 14.8, loaded with kids for school. Rarely going over 65 mph.

zimm

Expedition Leader
the 100 better than the 80, the 5 speed better than the 4 speed.

all different levels of suck.

do a search. this is like starting new thread on max tire sizes.

you can look at the EPA off the web, which is close. considering the cycle they use, and manufacturer fudging, anyone claiming more lies. someone tells you 17? they go to work down hill both ways.

lastly, if you have to ask... why bother? if 4mpg difference from a 4 runner or blazer will break the bank, keep the bank.

Arktikos

Explorer
I fail to see the point in quibbling over 10 MPG vs. 12 MPG. Either way it will be the worst you've ever experienced. Unless, of course, you've owned an older Land Cruiser.

brody

I fail to see the point in quibbling over 10 MPG vs. 12 MPG. Either way it will be the worst you've ever experienced. Unless, of course, you've owned an older Land Cruiser.

If you drive 12,000 miles a year, the 10mpg truck will cost you around $700 more to fill up annually vs the 12mpg truck, which is a big deal to some people. If you had two cars that were 30mpg and 32mpg, it wouldn't make a noticeable difference.

And I've experienced worse MPG's with a Range Rover Classic around 7-9mpg, but something wasn't right with that engine. Normally they run around the 13mpg.

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
Just filled up my 2000 LX470 last night. Uncorrected for my 285's, I got 11.7 mpg... Most of that is in town or traffic.

doug720

Expedition Leader
There's lies, dam lies, and then we have MPG figures...

Both the vehicles listed get terrible mileage, if you want much better, find one with a diesel. But you will pay up front for a diesel, or pay gradually at the pump.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
And I've experienced worse MPG's with a Range Rover Classic around 7-9mpg, but something wasn't right with that engine.

Threads like this are still necessary as often we can chuckle at statements like this^^^. Taken slightly out of context, but still funny!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles