cold weather resin cureing

Itsavanman

Adventurer
so I am in the market for a curing lamp so I can complete the camper project on my jeep this winter. I found this lamp through one of my suppliers at my work for a decent cost.

http://infratech-usa.com/automotive/products/medium-wave-systems/model-sru-1615-ht/

SRU-1615-HT.jpg

anyone use one of these things in cold weather? its application range is 3 x 4' for paint curing at high temp but i figure it should raise the temp of my 6 x 4' top to above 50 degrees when the ambient temp in the shop will be about 20-30 degrees..

its a 1500w unit, and i have found a few calculators that will calculate how long it will take that unit to raise the air temp completely in the shop, but none to calculate the temp rise of just a work piece. anyone have any input on how to calculate if this heat lamp will work for what i want it to do?

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
If you are using epoxy, you will be much better off just using a lower temp epoxy system.

As for paint, what paint are you using?
Ive had excellent results with oil based paints curing in low temps by using a fast flashing thinner like Naptha.

Itsavanman

Adventurer
I pulled the trigger on the curing lamp, I'll be using evercoat nonwaxed poly, the footprint of this thing is 2x3 so going to be glassing in 2x3 sections...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94