eBay: Rare Mercedes 609D Army Ambulance - Adventure Camper Conversion Project

hrududu

Adventurer
In Canada.
Sprinter precursor?
No affiliation, just posting for your interest.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311167429693?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

You are bidding on a rare ex-German Army Mercedes 609D diesel military ambulance with very low kms (currently 26,000km), maintained by the army from new (I am the first owner post-army, and exported it from Europe to Canada). The vehicle is fully road legal, with all required Canadian registration paperwork/MVI (Motor Vehicle Inspection certificate). Very reliable and easy to drive; fuel economy averages around 25 mpg. Internal living area (excluding cab) is approx 10' long x 7' wide x 6' 4" in height. Camper work already completed includes:

- Interior side panels insulated and re-lined with Baltic birch ply
- Polished aluminum panel inserts
- Built-in double bed frame in aluminum
- Custom-made wardrobe, seating/storage unit, and kitchen unit in Baltic birch ply
- Diesel heating system (original)
- Front passenger seat on swivel base for extra seating
- Custom-built, removable heavy-duty motorcycle rack
- Complete set of original army-issue external window covers

All this vehicle needs is finishing to your personal tastes, and will make a great long-distance adventure camper. Reluctant sale due to too many other projects. Any questions, let me know!

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I drove them in the German Airforce... VERY VERY nice trucks! They are actually not too bad offroading. Easy to outfit, as the box is square and already has full standing height.

kerry

Expedition Leader
A bigger heavier chassis than the Sprinters. 609=6 ton chassis with 90 horsepower engine. Typically these vans have fairly a low top speed. Unlikely that it will cruise at 65mph. More likely 52-55mph.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz