Tacoma Roll Call

uscg2008

Explorer
I'm new to the Tacoma scene. I've been a diehard Jeep enthusiast for years, but have got more into overlanding/traveling and decided to make the jump to a 4x4 pick-up for obvious reasons. This Tacoma is a Cadillac compared to the SWB Jeeps I've driven for the past decade. I'm very happy with my new ride and look forward to driving it for many years.

1. Model year - 2012
2. Trim - DCSB / SR5 TRD Sport
3. Purchase Date - November 2014
4. Purchase Mileage - 34,500
5. Build Strategy - Daily Driver / Overland-Travel / Camping
6. Latest Photos:

View attachment 261671View attachment 261672View attachment 261673View attachment 261674View attachment 261675

I also have a Dewalt rack for the Leer top, Ironman 4x4 RTT w/ annex, and HiLift + Shovel/Axe mounts for the Baja Rack (not pictured).

Future mods are an ARB Compressor, ARB Rear Air Locker, and a CB radio/antenna.
Looking good man you should start a build thread so we can follow along

Saharicon

Adventurer
1. Model Year: 2014
2. Trim: TRD OR DC
3. Purchase Date: 08/14
4. Purchase Mileage: 27 (12k Now)
5. Build Strategy: DD/Overland/Long term camping

5 Fingers

75b43429ad85390fb6fff9fc30b5d849.jpg

80515aace69e6606b236e465550ba8cf.jpg

Thompson Canyon Pannamint Valley

884807bfe1e22f9e202befe8617b11b3.jpg

Sent from my fancy city machine.

yonah

Calling-in from west of the Rockies
Looking good man you should start a build thread so we can follow along

I'm thinking about it - mainly to record what's been modified to this point and track where I take the truck.

To be honest, a big selling point of this vehicle was the fact that the original owner outfitted the truck for overland travel; in my mind it's 90% of where I want the vehicle to be in terms of modifications. I feel like I've cheated a bit and jumped to the finish line, but my work only allows for a few free days every month, so it works out better. I've busted my knuckles building my last three Jeeps and felt like I spent more time in the garage than on the trail. It's time to do some exploring.

yonah

Calling-in from west of the Rockies
1. Model year..................................... 2013
2. Trim.............................................. TRD Sport
3. Purchase Date................................ June 2013
4. Purchase Mileage............................ 0
4. Present Mileage.............................. 15K
5. Build Strategy................................. DD capable of overloading and road tripping.
6. Latest Photo (updates are always welcome)............ No

Next addition: Ironman 4x4 2" lift suspension (currently a pair of Timbren SES HD bumpstops are handling the camper pretty terrifically.)

I love the TRD Expedition Decal. That is killer!

My truck has an Ironman suspension on it with the helper springs in the back. It's a sweet setup and rides very smooth and can take a lot of weight. You will not be disappointed.

Cheers,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior