Safari Snorkel confirms snorkel for 4th-gen coming

chmura

Adventurer
This is taken from a recent post on tr4.org from 4WDToyotaOwnerMag publisher Dave. Which I hope should have some creditability. His post is below.

I've confirmed via ARB management that ARB/Safari Snorkel are releasing snorkels for both 3rd and 4th-gen 4Runners at long last.

No release date yet nor do I have pics as of yet. I was emailed and told an Aussie engineer is coming over here in a couple of weeks for test fitments. We hope to be part of that; if we are, I will post photos and info at that time.

With a 2004 Limited in our stable I'm super jazzed for this. Hope to have more good news soon. Cheers,

Dave
Publisher

Lets hope its true as I would most likely be purchasing it. I believe the publisher of Toyota 4WD magazine has a white 4runner 4th gen that he features new things being installed on it in every Toyota 4wd magazine issue. Last issue he installed a CBI hybrid rear bumper. If it comes out I am pretty sure he will feature and do a writeup on the the snorkel install.

Last edited:

AxleIke

Adventurer
Very cool. I'm surprised but happy that they are doing a 3rd gen one as well. They've had one for the Tacoma for a while, but the fitment was tricky on a 4runner. I hope that the third gen is a reality as well.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Very cool. I'm surprised but happy that they are doing a 3rd gen one as well. They've had one for the Tacoma for a while, but the fitment was tricky on a 4runner. I hope that the third gen is a reality as well.

Nothing tricky about the 3rd Gen at all, simply use the Tacoma snorkel (fits fender 100%) and buy the fender duct tubing and antenna from the Tacoma. Perhaps they are doing a snorkel that doesn't require a replacement antenna i.e. allows use of the factory power mast?

I'll be really curious to see when these come to fruition, I was told they were on the radar but nothing on the calendar which. Interpolate that with the new Tacoma snorkel, we've been hearing it was "in the works for ~6 months", debuted at SEMA a few weeks ago and might be available as soon as Spring 2015. To me "on the radar" is at least 1 year out? Time will tell :D

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
they're also working on a 5th gen. rumor has it the fellas from oz just came over and produced a cad copy of several vehicles fenders and dog cages

vanqu1sh

Wow! I can't believe one is finally coming out for the 4th Gen 4Runner. Ready to buy!!!

Last edited:

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Spoke with buddy at ARB. 3rd, 4th and 5th generation 4Runner snorkels will be state side and available for shipping first week of August.

mouse007

Explorer
Spoke with buddy at ARB. 3rd, 4th and 5th generation 4Runner snorkels will be state side and available for shipping first week of August.

Recently I was at a grand opening of a Jeep store here in Miami. I spoke with Eric of ARB he was telling me that the 2nd gen Tacoma units will be for sale very soon.
I wonder if in August they'll have the Tacoma units as well..?

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Recently I was at a grand opening of a Jeep store here in Miami. I spoke with Eric of ARB he was telling me that the 2nd gen Tacoma units will be for sale very soon.
I wonder if in August they'll have the Tacoma units as well..?

with the huge toyota push it sounds like they're doing, it wouldn't surprise me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles