Superwinch, and others, swing away snatch blocks - thoughts?

FlyFishermen

Observer
I have seen what appears to be the same exact snatch block style that Superwinch sells now with Comeup and am curious what people think about them. I bought 4 of the Superwinch ones (3x 36k 7755's and 1x 11k 7754) and I am not overly impressed with them. I don't have any doubts of their strength but the build quality just seems a bit cheesy - sloppy axle/side plate fitment and the sheave quality appears to be pretty poor. Every sheave I have has air pockets from casting that were exposed when machining the grooves.

The 36k's are being exchanged. Both the winches I have use synthetic line and there was some concern that the air pockets in the sheaves would cause too much wear on the line. So for the exchange Superwinch's customer service is pretty good.

If you have some operational experience with this style block let us know what your thoughts are. Do they clog up with debris? Have you pulled them apart to clean/regrease? Any issues over time?

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
How much do you plan on using it? It just a piece of gear that you need to carry but hardly ever use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier