Large rotomolded SKB drybox

susswein

Observer
This is a large rotomolded drybox, originally intended for shipping high end electronics or music equipment. It's totally waterproof, with a gasket and pressure release valve, similar to a pelican case. Perfect for protecting gear mounted on your roof, trailer, or the back of your truck. Used, but in perfect functional condition. It still has foam glued to the inside, but is easily removed. One of the hinges is slightly bent (see photo) but this is easily repaired with a pop-riveter (or I can repair if you prefer). I *believe* this is the R Series 2423-17 (based on dimensions) but can't be positive since there's no model number on the case. Here's the writeup from SKB:

These Mil-Standard cases were designed to meet the most demanding military specifications. They are roto-molded for strength and durability, airtight and water proof with solid stainless steel latches and hinges that will withstand the most demanding shipping conditions.

The 3R Mil-Std. Cases are molded of (LLDPE) polyethylene impact resistant / UV stabilized material and meet or exceed MIL-STD 810 and MIL-C-4150J specifications.

Series: 3R Series Cases
Interior Length: 24.00 in (60.96 cm)
Interior Width: 23.00 in (58.42 cm)
Interior Depth: 17.00 in (43.18 cm)

MSRP: $619.99

I'm asking $200 + shipping, or pickup free in salt lake.

skb1.jpg

skb2.jpg

skb3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior