My New Build: 1990 3-Door Nissan Patrol, 4.2, Diesel

Patrollife

Explorer
I'm getting ready for my third trip back to the Mayan jungle in Peten. This past May I took my father to see the archeological sites, which never disappoint, but the only bummer for me was that the trails were bone dry. That is not going to be the case on this trip. My buddy tells me the trails are "yuca", which is a Guatemalan term for "just nasty". Yuca can be spun in many different ways but I think you get the point.

I'm taking both my rigs. A buddy of mine will be behind the wheel of the FJ, which finally got a winch installed, and I'll be in the mighty Patrol.

T-minus 2 days until the adventure starts.

1e7717291bb5d457bc626cf20ee678f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrollife

Explorer
Drawers in the Shorty are all packed and the rest of the gear is ready to go in the FJ. I get her back from the shop today after a successful winch install.

74775883fbac1efddba7a8663ef83e9b.jpg

Patrollife

Explorer
68fb9012dcd46934239c5f7246aeace3.jpg

I think I discovered today where my subconscious inspiration for the Patrol's new color came from.

Patrollife

Explorer
What kind of carpet did you use for the GQ? Was it molded?

The floor is insulated with foam and on top of the insulation is that sort of sticky/wool type fabric you normally see in some of the rear drawer builds. On top of the fabric is all-weather matting and then some wannabe husky all-weather floor mats.

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
G`day Just saw your build thread. Big fan of your work.
As an Aussie living (and loving) the USA is is well and truly time I got me another Patrol to have some fun in (1988 Y60 TD42 SWB).
Got some bits coming from home in the next few weeks.
Again thank you for posting all you have done, great work!
Lance`s new shorty.jpg

Patrollife

Explorer
G`day Just saw your build thread. Big fan of your work.
As an Aussie living (and loving) the USA is is well and truly time I got me another Patrol to have some fun in (1988 Y60 TD42 SWB).
Got some bits coming from home in the next few weeks.
Again thank you for posting all you have done, great work!
View attachment 381622

Congratulations on the Shorty! And thanks for the support on my build! These little "weapons" as you Aussies like to say are so addicting! Do you have a build page? What did you order from Oz? I'm looking to upgrade my travel arms and tie rod and want to get the parts from Superior.

Also, did you import on your own? How was the process? I want to bring mine to the States as soon as I'm done here in Guatemala.

Pixie

UK 4x4, I dug into what you were saying about the Terranon being the Maverick, and I found that it seems Ford did in the Uk/Europe and OZ, the same that Daihatsu did with Oz, South America and the states. Daihatsu sold the Fourtrak in Oz and South America as a Rocky. However, in the states they sold the Sportrak/Feroza as a Rocky. Which just cnfueses everything. I don't know why they do that stuff.

So, in other words. You, of course were right, and thanks for planting that question in my mind so that I dug into it more. I don't think I know everything, and I definately want to give out good info. I just have to see some detail on it.

Thanks again!

Jeep did the same with the old Liberty, named Cherokee in Europe the so called KJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jampatrol

Observer
The floor is insulated with foam and on top of the insulation is that sort of sticky/wool type fabric you normally see in some of the rear drawer builds. On top of the fabric is all-weather matting and then some wannabe husky all-weather floor mats.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior