How many 2012+ FG owners here?

kerry

Expedition Leader
@Unkamonkey - Fuso dealer at Vasquez and I-70. It's a 2013 so I got what I think was a good deal on a new truck. Thanks for the heads-up on the tires. I've got my own equipment so when I go to singles (on order) I'll mount and balance myself.

@Czechsix - I was thinking of Fez's or spinner beanies but my fellow RockyMtn'r may have different ideas.

I've bought parts from that dealer before. When I got my transmission rebuilt, the dealer in Longmont was much more reasonably priced.

rffarm

2013 owner

Add one more owner, from Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.

New 2013 being delivered to Pittsburgh area dealer next week. Now we have to figure out why all the camper and expedition builders are on the west coast! At least it gives us an excuse to come that way to explore.

Great forum, with lots of good information. SRW and Aluminess bumper already on order. Bumper is standard procedure in WV, as we 'grill' a lot of deer in this state.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Hey congrats - you are doing the build yourself?

We expect pictures, lots of pictures...

Tymeryder

Another new FG owner

Add another new FG owner. I've been lurking on this forum for a while, while my 2015 EarthCruiser EXP is being built, soaking up the accumulated knowledge. Hopefully in the future I can make my own contributions. I'll be picking her up next Friday, and heading down to Overland Expo with a group from the EarthCruiser factory. Hope to meet and get to know some of you there.

Currently live in the San Francisco Bay Area, but plan to fulltime in my EarthCruiser, and will be changing legal domicile to SD.
Doug

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Thanks Dan...I wonder if that's the same as the downloadable one from the fuso tech site?

Howard70

Adventurer
Add another new FG owner. I've been lurking on this forum for a while, while my 2015 EarthCruiser EXP is being built, soaking up the accumulated knowledge. Hopefully in the future I can make my own contributions. I'll be picking her up next Friday, and heading down to Overland Expo with a group from the EarthCruiser factory. Hope to meet and get to know some of you there.

Doug

Hello Doug:

Welcome to the EarthCruiser branch of the Fuso family! I look forward to being your neighbor in the EC encampment at Expo.

Howard

awisernig

I think I should finally introduce myself. I was absorbing knowledge through osmosis off ExPo for a good two years, and bought Bob/Barbara's 2014 Earthcruiser back in January mostly on instinct and the good impression I got when I visited EC HQ in Bend.

I'm in my 20s, haven't found a place I want to settle down long term(if ever) and then went down the rabbit hole (this forum is very good at encouraging that). Started out originally looking at AWD Astrovans, then Westies, Sportsmobiles, XP(had a deposit on one), and then jumped in head first and got an EC. Rationalized it to myself as the prudent choice: self-contained, designed thoughtfully as one unit, comfortable as an office (i'm a software engineer who can work remotely); plus the monthly payment is much cheaper than my San Francisco rent. I believe it's the most value you can fit into a parking spot. Eventually I plan to travel indefinitely around the world but right now I'm trying to get the hang of it since I realize I don't know ********.

After a six week trip chasing the tail end of the ski season around the western US, I think I can finally begin to contribute to the conversation – at least ask more novel questions. Was hoping to go to Expo but decided to go to a music/art festival instead. I'm planning to attend the NW Overland Rally since I'll be living in Portland for a few months starting in June and hope to meet some of y'all there!

If you're in the Bay Area(at least for the next few weeks) and are curious about 2012+ Fusos as a platform, or see an EC in the flesh, feel free to reach out. You can even see how it handles(I honestly prefer driving it over my old Saab) in an urban overlanding environment complete with technical hazards like parallel parking and stop signs on steep hills.

Adrian
http://www.keepingcurio.us/

awisernig

It does but living in a neighborhood surrounded by hills between 20%-31% grade I've found that the transmission doesn't always want to find the right gear.

Example: I'll go up a hill in third, pull up to a stop sign, briefly stop (~1 second), the transmission stays in third and when I give it throttle it rolls back a bit until it realizes that it needs to downshift to 1st, forcing me to use the brake to avoid rolling into the car behind me. I started avoiding this this issue by driving in manual mode and downshifting to 1st when I'm at a stop sign. Part of it may be my inexperience driving a large vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94