M416 shackles, other than stock C's?

GFA

Adventurer
Is there an aftermarket replacement shackle available? I'm not having any luck finding anything other than the stock C shackles. I'm hoping to find an aftermarket 1" or so lift shackle so I can put the spring over I just did back to a spring under.

highlandercj-7

Explorer
I use CJ stuff when mounting trailer springs. This complete kit is rather expensive but everything is available individually. Front CJ springs are 2" wide, rears are 2.5"

http://www.4wd.com/Fabrication-Tool...x?t_c=86&t_s=527&t_pt=101476&t_pn=CRO5359011K

images.ashx

brian90744

American Trekker
best O/R shackles

Check out JeepCJ5 "DAYSTAR – SUPER SHACKLES" greaseable by daystar products =1/2" lift and up. I think the thread by Army Green used them. I see "4 wheel parts" sells them.
Daystar KJ61001BK 0.5" Lift Greaseable Shackle
Daystar makes .5", 1.5" and 2.25" shackle lifts that should work.
The shackle itself is 1" longer than stock but because it is connected on one side of the suspension it gives half the lift as what was put on.
So for a .5" lift it is a shackle that is 1" taller than stock.
The 1.5" lift is 3" longer shackle than stock.
And the 2.25" is 4.5" longer.

just FYI=brian

Last edited:

GFA

Adventurer
Thanks for the replies. I'll order up a set of 1" lift daystars for a 55-75 CJ's.

Do the bushings just press in like normal shackle bushings? I can't picture how they work since the stock C's are threaded.

Thanks

cruisertoy

Explorer
Anyone know what size the bushings are? I'd like to pick up just the bushings and build my own custom shackles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz