2012 GMC Sierra wiring - help

binrat

Observer
The canopy I order is in but I am not overly impressed with the way they want to hack up my wiring harness. Does anyone know if GM (I have stopped by a dealership and they could not tell me) or someone else makes a plug-in harness that will serve the purpose? I seen one years ago that went in between the harness that services the tail lights and the main one running from the front.

thanks

KAkers

I ran a heavy gauge wire from the fuse block under the hood to my topper. I used the post on the fuse block that powers the middle hot in the seven pin plug. I stripped a brake wire and soldered onto it and used liquid tape to cover and weatherproof it. I wouldn't let someone use wire taps to hook it up.

binrat

Observer
Thanks for the idea.
I found a source for a harness but I may order it. The installers at the store where not too happy with me about not cutting up my harness but oh well.

chet6.7

Explorer
Thanks for the idea.
I found a source for a harness but I may order it. The installers at the store where not too happy with me about not cutting up my harness but oh well.

I think you made the right decision.
I am assuming we are talking about the CHMSL?
I just put a DCU on my truck,Dodge provides a wire at the back of the truck for this purpose,I bet GM does too.
What brand of cap? I noticed on ARE's site they said the provide the wiring diagram to their installers.

binrat

Observer
The harness I found is CURT Manufacturing 55384 T-Connector and yes GM has a harness as well for 3x the amount of money. The cap is a "Cap-it"which is a re-badge Lear. The cap came with a battery powered LED interior light so for now it is the upper third brake light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94