Just a Question

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Hello ExPo!

I have been noticing a trend lately as I scour the many forums and sites I am a member of, and it is slightly disappointing. When ever I read on the Nissan builds, utilizing spacers as a lift option are nearly always
considered. The majority of builds include them in some form, but I have noticed a trend leading towards spacers as the first option for a lift kit. I have seen everything from a small 3/8" trim packer spacer
to level out the vehicle's rake, all the way to a 2" spacer bolted to a 4" spacer. Now don't get me wrong, when a person is tight on cash and still wants a lift (not sure where priorities are but anyways) I could
see a spacer as an option for temporary increase in height. However, it seems odd to me that a spacer lift is so common. The Jeep and Toyota builds immediately jump to quality coilovers or longer coils. I RARELY see a mention
for spacers as the first option. So just wondering here, why is it us Nissan folk are so fast to jump on spacers? And don't tell me there is no other option... I had custom coils made for my vehicle because the lift options just
weren't what I was looking for.
-
Just curious, not trying to knock it. But I see as much spacer lifted Nissans as I do domestic trucks.
-
Thoughts? Comments?
-
Cheers!

skibum315

Explorer
I hate to say it, because it comes off as a knock on the Nissan community - which I'm loath to do as I've gained many friends through my Nissan interest, but I think Nissan owners tend to be more value driven (cheap, if you're being unkind) ... there seems to consistently be an undercurrent of "how much can I get for as little monetary investment as possible" ... at least in a general sense. ... and we all know how great it is to make generalities. :rolleyes:

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Ah okay, I get the leveling side of it, just not the option for a primary lift. Value driven... I like that.

richard310

pew pew
The general Nissan owners are cheap. Plain put. I've noticed that a lot of Nissan owners are also backyard DIY'ers as well, but that falls under being "value driven." The price point of the majority of Nissan vehicles coincides with that visual.

Also, the fact that the market is quite limited with Nissan here in North America compared to Jeeps and Toyota's, that leaves a lot of the area undesired. If only they sold the diesel Patrol here in NA, i believe then the flood gates would open.

bushnut

Adventurer
I think its just not that big of a market. I was just flipping through a 4x4 magazine and there are multiple companies offering lift options for jeep/ford/chev/toyota....but only 1or 2 for Nissan and then only for the Titan or Frontier and Xterra. For us Pathfinder owners there just isn't much out there. 3 coil spring manufactures, one of which is almost impossible to find and 1 company that makes a SFD but in only 1 height configuration.
For the Pathfinder it is the stupid front strut system. If we could source a longer stroke strut things might open up for us.
so spacers are an affordable option for those of us who are looking for a little lift.

stioc

Expedition Leader
^this.

I can only speak for the R50s. Which quite honestly was a platform hardly anyone saw as trail worthy until recently. I've reached out to ICON multiple times to get them to make a coilover setup for the R50 trucks but they just aren't interested. Same goes for many other things so your options are limited or DIY...bumpers are another example. I don't think Nissan owners are cheap, there are those that will spend the money and those that won't - just like any other brand owners.

There's nothing wrong with a spacer lift as long as your don't overdo it. In fact, it can be a great option for those looking for comfort but the non-station wagon look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz