New Off Road Range Rover next year from SVO?

morrisdl

Adventurer
Since its amateur Photoshop day here: I gave it a lift, deleted the grill lights, blacked out a few more bits:

Range%2520Rover%2520SVO.jpg

Its the Range Rover CSE (Crowd Sourced Edition)!

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
Since its amateur Photoshop day here: I gave it a lift, deleted the grill lights, blacked out a few more bits:

Range%2520Rover%2520SVO.jpg

Its the Range Rover CSE (Crowd Sourced Edition)!
I liked the "original" roof rack with spare tire better. Can you PHOTOSHOP it on 35's with a RTT? How about a Rodeo Drive Extreme Lowrider Edition with big subwoofers and totally blacked out windows?

A.J.M

Explorer
Can you get rid of that awful snorkel as it's the most awful thing ever that was awful.

Oh, and why does the back wheel look like one of those skinny space saver efforts. It's about 3 inches wide..

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
Let's be objective. The vast majority want a status symbol vehicle that can carry kids to school, grab groceries, and not be an embarassment to valet. I think a visit to a LR dealership will show this. The business model works.
Exactly. And that is good for the rest of us too. Somewhere inside, I was bummed when Porsche started building SUVs and 4 door sedans. Somewhere it is a sell out of the brand - but if being successful means being able to build more small series such as the GT2RS, then I say sell.

And I've said it before, but as far as RRs and off road goes, that was what drew me to the brand in the first place. Wherever I go off roading regardless if it's here in the Alsace or in central Turkey, I invariably drive more hwy miles than off-road getting there and back. Defenders are cool but I'd much rather do 1000 miles on road in a RR any day. And you don't lose any off-road-ability in a RR.

I like this just as I liked the Camel Trophy RRC, TReK P38, or G4 L322. Yes, the rendering is poor, but the concept is very cool IMO. And I like the expedition rack. But I'm willing to bet it ain't happening. These images came from AutoExpress which is akin to the Brit equivalent of the National Enquirer in the automotive world.

Derel1cte

Adventurer
I Guess you guys missed the Silk Road expedition. They kitted out the new FFRR with Expedition rack, winch, skid plates, and even outdated driving lights.
SilkTrail_D2_001_2685055k.jpg

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
I Guess you guys missed the Silk Road expedition. They kitted out the new FFRR with Expedition rack, winch, skid plates, and even outdated driving lights.
SilkTrail_D2_001_2685055k.jpg

There was a thread on here a while back about the silk road L405s, pretty cool stuff. Wonder how many tires they went through...

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
It may be listed somewhere, but they lost around 11 tires on the trans american trail expedition.

A.J.M

Explorer
Not sure on tyres, however, tyres is a good issue.

We all know the limited choices for off road suitable tyres in 19-20 inch size.
They also tend to have 112 speed rating, ( they do in the UK at least ) so could they fit a tyre to a l405 that is going to be a decent off road tyre but also still be good enough for the speeds it can do.

I know from Disco3 that some D4 drivers in Europe by law can't fit AT tyres as they are lower speed rated than the OEM tyres.
So if the car can do 120, it needs 120 rated tyres, not 112 as they are lower.

The L405 Silk ones did have D4 support cars along as well. Think there were 7 in total.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior