New Off Road Range Rover next year from SVO?

Scarab

I want one.... really badly!

2014_land_rover_range_rover_front.jpg

2014_land_rover_range_rover_front-detail.jpg

rokrawlr

Observer
I could dig it, but unfortunately, the only one to make it to this side of the pond would have giant rims and Swarovski crystals all over it...

XJLI

Adventurer
I wonder who made that render... old school MTRs, glowing edges on the light guards, terrible shadows...

morrisdl

Adventurer
I know its just a rendering, but Wow that is terrible. Looks like a bunch of left over G4 parts from 2005; Light guards from some other car, incandescent offroad lights, same old expo roof rack! Those lights on the grill are pointless with today's headlights. The chrome bits should be blacked out including the gills on the door side and the front bumper. They didnt even bother to put the EAS in "offroad" height.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
What this image does do, however (and hats off for that), is show you what a contemporary land rover could look like if it were overland prepped. I love the possibilities. I'd drive it ...
D

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
OK, I did a "quicky" (so sorry for the quality) update on this image. I brought it into the new LED era. Kind of "Scott Brady'd" the roof rack.

2014_land_rover_range_rover_Updated.jpg

rokrawlr

Observer
I think the LED bar on the roof rack looks much better but personally not a fan of the LEDs on the bumper area. Maybe with an old-fashioned style brush guard? Still, all-in-all, very cool ideas and kudos to the rendering folks.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
I guess nobody will mention the enlarged Sawtooth alloys that clearly still have the Defender bolt pattern, not the much smaller L405 design....

cannonball55

Adventurer
Dendy, that render is drool worthy compared to the first. I'd drive either one in a heartbeat though. It is a cool looking truck for sure though!

Sent from Tapatalk using my iPhone.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I couldn't stand the front light guards. I had to make some adjustments! Sorry! I think that is all I can do, but heck yeah! I'd drive it!

2014_land_rover_range_rover_updated,v2.jpg

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
I want one.... really badly!

2014_land_rover_range_rover_front.jpg

2014_land_rover_range_rover_front-detail.jpg

Who cares that Land Rover SVO may offer a 100 grand and probably much more off road RR next year. The vast vast majority just want Land Rover to offer a within-reason affordable (for the average Joes and Jills) off road oriented Defender in the US of A. This badly photo-shopped (the right rear tire looks like a tiny doughnut spare) orange peel RR does little for me. Something for the less-than-millionaire masses please.

Kgh

Let’s go already!
The vast vast majority just want Land Rover to offer a within-reason affordable (for the average Joes and Jills) off road oriented Defender in the US of A.

Let's be objective. The vast majority want a status symbol vehicle that can carry kids to school, grab groceries, and not be an embarassment to valet. I think a visit to a LR dealership will show this. The business model works. It has a very small nod to off-road/expedition type use.

My JK has the same issues. Forums clamor for this or that change (diesel, no IFS ever) but the target market does not care, they just want a Jeep.

One man's passion and way of life is another man's mall crawler.

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
Let's be objective. The vast majority want a status symbol vehicle that can carry kids to school, grab groceries, and not be an embarassment to valet. I think a visit to a LR dealership will show this. The business model works. It has a very small nod to off-road/expedition type use.

My JK has the same issues. Forums clamor for this or that change (diesel, no IFS ever) but the target market does not care, they just want a Jeep.

One man's passion and way of life is another man's mall crawler.
I should have said "the vast majority" that subscribe to and read expeditionportal.com which is not really a mall crawling forum or at least I don't believe it is. Time and the future will tell. Expeditionportal may become expeditionmallcrawling or expeditionrodeodrive in the not so distant future. Who can tell. At least the majority of JK's where I live are used for what they were intended for: outdoor recreation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz