Borealis Yampa - My back up off roader

Yetters

Wonder whats around that
Guys

Anyone here caught the fat bike bug yet? Just ordered a rack for the back of my rig so i can go explore other places, and would like to know any must see spots in AZ for biking.

Yetters

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I've got a fatbike, and another hopefully on route. Not sure I have "the bug" but I do really enjoy riding them. I'm in Prescott but I've ridden my fatbike all over from Moab to Iceland this year.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
There is 750 miles of AZ trail to start...:ylsmoke:
Getting cold up here so I am getting my fatty AKA "the brain shaker" ready for the snowpack...

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Warming up here, took the studded bud and ground control off the fatback and put my HuDu's back on. I saw ski patrol walking the runs today at the resort. Have fun with the Borealis Yampa I almost purchased one before I built up my Fatback. BTW go tubeless if you haven't yet, it is worth it.

I've got a fatbike, and another hopefully on route. Not sure I have "the bug" but I do really enjoy riding them. I'm in Prescott but I've ridden my fatbike all over from Moab to Iceland this year.

Salsa Blackborow???????? Full ride report please! Ohhh and try some Van Helgas as I'm torn between them the Bontrager Hodag's, 45th Dillinger's and the Schwalbe Jumbo Jims. You know mostly glacial till, silt, and organic peat moss type of summer riding. :drool:

Last edited:

Yetters

Wonder whats around that
Co

Waiting on the rims from Borealis, might go to another company.

But yes, the all carbon bike along with the tubeless?, IT RAWKS!

Yetters

Warming up here, took the studded bud and ground control off the fatback and put my HuDu's back on. I saw ski patrol walking the runs today at the resort. Have fun with the Borealis Yampa I almost purchased one before I built up my Fatback. BTW go tubeless if you haven't yet, it is worth it.

Salsa Blackborow???????? Full ride report please! Ohhh and try some Van Helgas as I'm torn between them the Bontrager Hodag's, 45th Dillinger's and the Schwalbe Jumbo Jims. You know mostly glacial till, silt, and organic peat moss type of summer riding. :drool:

Two-Wheeled Explorer

Proceeding on...
"I'm too heavy for light work" and carbon fiber. I have a Surly Pugsley, working on getting a Cogburn CB4. As I stated elsewhere on this forum, the first weekend of September one of my friends who is a veteran bicycle tour leader, suggested that I take my Pugs on a planned bikepacking trip instead of my mountain bike. I did, and it changed everything. With the exception of several events that took place between then and now, I have scarcely been off the Pugs when riding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke