Ground clearance demonstration video

McBride

Adventurer
Dude!

Are they strong! Can they handle a continuous beating with a heavily loaded vehicle!

Thx.

William

LeTechUSABill

Observer
Dude!

Are they strong! Can they handle a continuous beating with a heavily loaded vehicle!

Thx.

William

Absolutely, these axles that are on my G are the very first set of test axles that were produced back in 2008, they have been in 5 different G wagons and run all over the world with different drivers trying to destroy them! The development of these axles eventually led to the axle that is in the Mercedes Benz G63 6 x 6. LeTech in Germany supplies Mercedes Benz with the axles and many other parts for the 6 x 6.

I drive this G to work every day 75 mph on the highway, and then beat it up off road on the weekends! It really is pretty awesome!

Scott Brady

Founder
I have been intrigued by the portal axles for some time. Do they change the effective axle gearing? Bolt pattern remains the same?

McBride

Adventurer
Absolutely, these axles that are on my G are the very first set of test axles that were produced back in 2008, they have been in 5 different G wagons and run all over the world with different drivers trying to destroy them! The development of these axles eventually led to the axle that is in the Mercedes Benz G63 6 x 6. LeTech in Germany supplies Mercedes Benz with the axles and many other parts for the 6 x 6.

I drive this G to work every day 75 mph on the highway, and then beat it up off road on the weekends! It really is pretty awesome!

Thanks.

Will these portals work on a 460?

Is it correct to assume that if a smaller than 37" tire is used that there will be a gear reduction?

Thanks.

LeTechUSABill

Observer
Thanks.

Will these portals work on a 460?

Is it correct to assume that if a smaller than 37" tire is used that there will be a gear reduction?

Thanks.

Sorry no, the actual conversion kit we currently have avaialble will only work in 2007 and later models.

Correct on the assumption though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles