Does anyone in or near North Texas have a teardrop traier I could see in person?

fishead

Observer
I'm trying to decide between a pop up camper and a teardrop camper and I haven't yet been able to see either one in person. I'd like to so I can go ahead and order one or the other and get the ordering process started asap. I live a little north of Dallas but I wouldn't mind travelling a bit to see one in person. As far as teardrops go, I'm leaning towards a So-Cal or an AT, so being able to look at either one would be great. Thanks.

mike the welder

Adventurer
I drive by a few RV sales lots om I-30 between 635 and downtown Dallas a couple of time a week and there are a couple that have some teardrops and small camping trailers.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Unfortunately I'm not in Texas but I have a SoCal krawler. So if you have any questions feel free to ask. I've yet to go out with it due to a house remodel and a newborn that came early. But specs wise, feel free to ask.

I went with SoCal over AT cuz the only difference I noticed was the suspension and name on the trailer. And it cost a little more than the SoCal. They have their options broken down different so some options seem more expensive than what SoCal offers. In the end if you were to build one from each with the same specs you'd be spending a little more for the AT because of the frame/suspension. The AT is a SoCal cabin just on a different frame/suspension. Though I thought the frames look similar, so hard for me to say if they're the same or not.

Honestly, if those were your only 2 choices, you couldn't go wrong with either. I went with SoCal because they were really helpful. I didn't do AT because I didn't see the airbag suspension being that necessary for me. And I when I was shopping around I never heard back from them after exchanging info on what I was looking for in a TD. So I leaned back towards SoCal.

fishead

Observer
Unfortunately I'm not in Texas but I have a SoCal krawler. So if you have any questions feel free to ask. I've yet to go out with it due to a house remodel and a newborn that came early. But specs wise, feel free to ask.

I went with SoCal over AT cuz the only difference I noticed was the suspension and name on the trailer. And it cost a little more than the SoCal. They have their options broken down different so some options seem more expensive than what SoCal offers. In the end if you were to build one from each with the same specs you'd be spending a little more for the AT because of the frame/suspension. The AT is a SoCal cabin just on a different frame/suspension. Though I thought the frames look similar, so hard for me to say if they're the same or not.

Honestly, if those were your only 2 choices, you couldn't go wrong with either. I went with SoCal because they were really helpful. I didn't do AT because I didn't see the airbag suspension being that necessary for me. And I when I was shopping around I never heard back from them after exchanging info on what I was looking for in a TD. So I leaned back towards SoCal.

Thanks for the help. If I have any questions that I haven't found answers to on the forum, I'll let you know. I kind of think at this point I need to climb into one just to see if I can fit and how comfortable I can do so.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Thanks for the help. If I have any questions that I haven't found answers to on the forum, I'll let you know. I kind of think at this point I need to climb into one just to see if I can fit and how comfortable I can do so.
When I was in the market for a trailer, I went to a local RV dealer who sold the Little Guys. I looked at their off road model and got a feel for a TD. Then I went to a 4x4 swap meet and the RV dealer was showing off TD's there as well. That time I looked them over again and I got into the trailer and hung out in it for a little bit. Just to see if I could be used to the enclosed space. It didn't bother me so I continued researching what I wanted in a trailer. The LG off road model is very practical and affordable. Though there was things I wanted and the LG didn't offer it. It was mainly a fuller galley to hold the fridge and some other little things.

I went with my trailer just cuz I felt like spending some money and splurging, haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior