Shopping for tires Gen 3 BFG T/A KO

plh

Explorer
Planning to buy tires now that winter has hit for the wifes Gen 3. Looking at LT235/85R/16 BFGoodrich T/A KO. Anybody running these exact tires? How noisy are they on this chassis?

Monstero

Adventurer
Have run that tread on mine and its not that bad. Its ever so slightly there, nothing,.....let me repeat, nothing like an M/T for noise. Great tire to run though.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Planning to buy tires now that winter has hit for the wifes Gen 3. Looking at LT235/85R/16 BFGoodrich T/A KO. Anybody running these exact tires? How noisy are they on this chassis?

Are you buying the old style or ordering the new KO2's?

plh

Explorer
Old style. New style (KO2) is not available in LT235/85R/16 yet. Slightly larger LT265/75R/16 (about 1" wider) KO2 are are $32 per tire more expensive than the LT265/75R/16 KO - not worth it for her daily driver.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I would opt for the Cooper AT3 then in that size, much better in the snow and quieter, that's saying a lot coming from someone who has had 6 or 7 sets of KO's over the years and is a die hard fan.

DirtyDC05

Adventurer
Why not get the 255-85-16 seems like a better fit for the montero.
Check out onlinetires.com they have free shipping on BFg tires and great prices.

Aaron

DirtyDC05

Adventurer
I have always had good luck with BFg k/o's in the snow and ice. Plus they last forever and look good. Not so good in the mud.

plh

Explorer
Pizza cutters installed, they are narrow - really narrow, guess it won't snow this winter.

PizzaCutters.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier