Snow Peak Titanium Mug

Jerry Ward

Adventurer
My stainless steel camp mug has finally decided to give up the ghost after 13 years of hard life in the woods; it's been beaten, dropped, squished, used as a shovel, cooked in, charred, used as a deadman anchor in snow...you name it! I've decided to replace it with the larger Snow Peak Titanium double-walled mug. I notice that they make a lid for it. I've seen the mugs up close and personal many times, but never the lids. The reviews on Amazon for the lid are mixed; some folks think they're great and others say they fit poorly/leak. Seems like there is quite the Snow Peak following here on EXPO and was wondering if any of you have experience with the mug/lid combo. If so, what are your thoughts on the lid? Thanks in advance...Jerry

pyrate

Rollin' along
I'm not 100% on this but I don't believe you can heat things up in the double walled mug. So putting it on a heat source isn't recommended.

Jerry Ward

Adventurer
I'm not 100% on this but I don't believe you can heat things up in the double walled mug. So putting it on a heat source isn't recommended.

You are correct there. With it being sealed, a significant amount of pressure can build up in between those walls. Got a separate 1qt stainless bottle for cooking/boiling in. Just need a good mug to help keep my coffee hot on those brisk mornings! Thanks for the reminder..Jerry

pyrate

Rollin' along
Sounds like you are covered. I'd go for it. The only reason I don't use one is I travel by moto or via backpack and the single wall w/ handles works for me. But let us know what you think. It is nice not burning your lips on that first sip or two!

AndrewP

Explorer
The double wall mug is great, but the lid is unneeded and gets lost anyway. None of the off taste you get from a stainless cup rim.

Honu

lost on the mainland
we have the models without handles and the lids which we rarely use but they fit super tight no leaks ?

I don't like handles :) also like how they nest

Because they are just kind of a pressure fit, I've heard mixed reviews too. I met a lady who loved her lid and it fit tightly. Mine, not so much. The fit is good but not great and it seems a tiny bit of liquid wants to sneak out the sides when I use it. Not much though.

Still, I didn't notice the lid making a big difference in how long something stayed cold, for example, so I just stopped bothering with it. But for $4.50 or whatever they cost, you may as well try one.

Jerry Ward

Adventurer
Thanks guys! I'll give it a go and order one. Worst case scenario, I'll keep sending the lid back to Snow Peak until they replace it with one that fits properly. For as much as they charge, I expect it to work correctly...

Honu

lost on the mainland
or go into REI and try them out to find a match ;)

really would be curious if the handle model vs the non handle models made any difference :)

I dont use mine much either more I like to have it and sometimes use it but whats funny is I always think HMMMMMMM did a bug crawl in when I was not looking and now I wont see it and be drinking bug tea :)

RangeBrover

Explorer
I've got too many SnowPeak mugs to count, I wouldn't use one of the double wall's with a lid for everyday coffee use though. It looks cool but we've had issues with lids leaking over time.

I personally prefer the single wall units now for the majority of our uses, we just pair them with a set of hot lips and we're ready to go.

Davious

Observer
Best

they are the best.
This is in my truck at all times.
I drink a lot of tea so it's gret to be able to quickly warm up water.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 24

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles