Sharing fuel supply line for Espar heater and generator possible?

mojogoat

Observer
I'm installing an Onan 2800 on a Promaster van (gasoline) and it has one extra fuel line supply from the tank. Can I share the fuel line with a Espar or Webasco heater?

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
You sure it's a supply line and not a return line?

If it's big enough to supply a main engine, then it'll be big enough to supply a couple of dinky loads like the gen and heater.

mojogoat

Observer
It has an a spare connection for this purpose, my concern is if the Espar fuel pump will have a problem sharing the suction line with a generator.

dlh62c

Explorer
It has an a spare connection for this purpose, my concern is if the Espar fuel pump will have a problem sharing the suction line with a generator.

It could if your running both at the same time.

You need to make sure neither will drain your fuel tank dry leaving you stranded. RVs with onboard generators extend the fuel pickup tube down about 2/3rds into the fuel tank.

free radical

I'm installing an Onan 2800 on a Promaster van (gasoline) and it has one extra fuel line supply from the tank. Can I share the fuel line with a Espar or Webasco heater?
It was my understanding that Espar and Webasto runs on diesel fuel...And your van engine uses gasoline right?

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
It was my understanding that Espar and Webasto runs on diesel fuel...And your van engine uses gasoline right?
They do make a petrol version of the air heater. I have one in the XV-JP and, except for the difference in fuel, it's operationally the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior