Introduce my self and my build up story - MAN TGM 13.240 4x4 Offroad Truck

GermanTurtle

Observer
Hi!

My name is Martin (42) from Germany. I've just registered and want to say hello to you guys.

If you are interested I will share my build up story with you.

I have bought an MAN Truck and it has been equipped with a great cabin from the pros of ProCab in Leverkusen Germany.

It is just the cabin and some mods on the chassis. Everything else will follow now and will be done by my self.

Turtle%20rechts.jpg

This is the truck as i bought it. It has been first in use in 2008 and has just 65000 km on the roll.

And this is how it should look when the story is ended :)

So%20soll%20Turtle%20sp%C3%A4ter%20werden.jpg

Do you want to follow my story?
Martin

Last edited:

guidolyons

Addicted to Gear Oil
Wilkommen, Martin!

Yes please!

I just sent my nephew a toy crane truck for his Christmas present- it was a Bruder MAN crane truck!

GermanTurtle

Observer
The beginning of the Story

Well, some are interested to read more about my story, so i will give you some background what happened before.

I am a CFO in a medium size german chemical company. Always working always reachable for any reason. But last year between x-as an new year (we close the company for that days every year. I was sick in bed. That was no reason for my boss to call me and ordering me to the office.

You must know i am not ill more than 2 days a year. But that time i really had problems going farer than 50 meters from the bathroom.

Later when I was back at home I was very angry about his slavery way of management. And i decided to change something.

Many years I was dreaming already about buying an Offroad RV, but i always thought it will come true when i will be retired. But why waiting another 25 years? Do i get any guaranty to be healthy and able to do so then? No.

My favorite aunt got cancer, my dad got cancer, a friend of mine also. All before they got retired.

So i decided that days not to wait longer and to plan 1-5 sabbatical years.

I call the truck-dealer which offered the truck above. Went there and bought the truck. It was 5 years old, had run 65000 km an was at all in a good technical but in a bad optical condition.

It was a site vehicle of a staging company. And they don't really care about their equipment.

The color was ugly, but i decided i will get a new paint. And the interior was damaged on many corners. A call at MAN give an idea how much complete new interior parts will be.

I drove the car to Leverkusen in Germany and gave them the order to built a Cabin as i had planned, and to do some other work on the chassis (bigger tanks, movable rear bumper, painting the car and cabin. They were able to do it medium short period and i already know their work quality and they had a good recommendation on the market.

And after bringing the truck over I began waiting, waiting, waiting - which is not my best skill :)

Christian Jung from ProCab sent me photos from the progress, wich i will share with you in this threat.

Martin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles