My current 6x6 project

dmstcdan

Observer
Hi guys I never used forums before. This place has tons of great info still learning my way around. This is what im working on right now. 91' BMY M923A2 5 ton. 8.3 Cummins turbo 20k miles. HID headlights. Spin on filters. Radio, 12v in cab. I cant find any info on anybody else doing this, so i feel like a trail blazer. Everything has been going pretty smooth.

Attachments

• truck black.jpg
    truck black.jpg
    556.9 KB · Views: 214
  • truck 2.jpg
    truck 2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:

dmstcdan

Observer
Yea I dont like it. The guys seem really crotchety and mean spirited twords new guys. So I refuse to join. This place seems like a better fit for me. Thanks for head up though. As I figure out how to use the site ill post more. You guys have a ton of info and great suggestions im looking forward to.

jdinevens

Adventurer
I've always wondered....what kind of fuel mileage do those things get?

edit: Looks like a nice white super duty hiding back there...

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the forums Dmstcdan. I love the camper on your rig. Did you build it yourself? Check out my build thread in my sig and you can see how I built mine. I just cant wait to see more pics of your rig and getting more info about how it came to be. Is that your misses in the pic you posted? Anyways keep us up to date with the latest on your rig. I am sure there are many people here that want to know more. Cheers, Chilli...:)

dmstcdan

Observer
Yes its the misses. Im not trying to be hey check out my truck and my chick guy. I dont have many pics on my computer of the truck and haven't figured out how to post pictures through my cell. The camper is a 95' 11.6" truck camper. I ripped everything off including the front nose. I incorporated 2x4 framing into the aluminum then added foam board, foil, tyvek before I attached the 1/2 ply. Its all red stuff which resists mold rot and bugs. I did it on a whim under a huge time crunch to beat the weather. Exterior should be done in next few days. I will keep you guys updated if there is interest.

Last edited:

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
Darn cool truck! I've always wanted a 2 1/2 ton but not the most practical vehicle for me right now.
Action pictures man!

dmstcdan

Observer
went for a test drive

Drove about 40 miles today. The added weight over front and rear axles made the truck handle like a dream. Now I can start to button up the exterior then move onto the interior.

Attachments

• 20141201_162146.jpg
    20141201_162146.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 107

rayra

Expedition Leader
My goodness, what's the height on that thing, 12-1/2'? Awesome.

I've got some new-old-stock Xantrex ProWatt 800 24V inverters if you need power conversion off the stock battery arrangement.

keko_jones

You have to call this Apocalyptic 6x6 !!!
Esta Brutal !!!
:victory: :iagree::camping::clapsmile

Last edited:

dmstcdan

Observer
My goodness, what's the height on that thing, 12-1/2'? Awesome.

I've got some new-old-stock Xantrex ProWatt 800 24V inverters if you need power conversion off the stock battery arrangement.

12.5'' height. It took me about 5mins to get used to driving it. I reinforced the nose pretty well. I whacked a couple good branches on purpose to see how it stood up. Did great. Thanks for the offer on inverters, but the camper will have its own bank that runs on 12v that I have inverters for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94