My current 6x6 project

pmoyle

I will try and put some time into pics. I lifted my camper by cribbing it up with air jack and blocks. I have a pass through and interior cab done.

Can't wait to see the pictures. I won't be making my camper permanent, I use the bed for hauling fire wood and other stuff. I would like to set my truck up so the bed mounts and dismounts easily and then build a camper bed for it. Get done hauling wood, remove the cargo bed. Mount the camper bed, then go camping.

Last edited:

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
I have tried posting updates before i dont care for the picture uploader. Is there another way?

When the picture upload box comes up, click the "basic uploader" option at the bottom right and use that, it works.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I will try and put some time into pics. I lifted my camper by cribbing it up with air jack and blocks. I have a pass through and interior cab done.

I would love to see pics of what you have done to your rig Dms. A pass through is a really cool idea!:victory:

dmstcdan

Observer
Hi guys. weather has been great. this past weekend i put a corrugated steel roof over the existing roof. The rubber RV material always kind of bothered me. i felt it was not durable enough to withstand even the slightest abuse. i started the roof by laying 2 in ridge strip right down the middle lengthwise. i used 2 other attaching strips on each side to give the steel roof a half inch/12 pitch. all the strips are caulked at the seems and on top of the screws and P-L'd down. i ordered 8ft roof panels so i have about a half inch over hang on each side. im going to cover the whole camper in the corrugated. Its a light grey. i figured good to go with existing black truck but no so dark i wont be roasting out on the beach or in moab. after i get the sides up i plan to attach some gutter hooks along each side. im going to use the whole roof as a rain catchment system. the gutters will be stored along the sides of truck probably 5ft sections. when a storms coming i will hop up and clip them up and have it either directly fill my water tank or into a collection barrel. the extra roof adds around R-10 at the ridge and reduces as you get to the sides. I'll take that! im leaving the the corrugated open twords the rear and very front sides also the ridges along side are open. this way the whole thing can breathe. the fans installed in the inside vents will allow me to push air into the cavity to further cool the truck. basically i will always be in my own shade. the roof has been through two pretty big rain storms and not a drop has leaked onto the existing roof. it worked! i put down about 1000x more fasteners then recommended because the roof will have constant strain on it going down the road. not a ton because not much protrudes for air to get under. i extended the roof about 18inches over my rear door. that way when its rainy and humid i can still have the door open and also during the summer the extra shade will help the sun from heating up the dark floors. but the overhang is small enough in the winter when sun is lower it should beam in though door and really heat my floors up. one day i will plug my phone into my computer and get you guys some pictures. i got pretty pissed i spent all that time getting those other ones up that didnt work. if anybody has any more tips or where i can go to learn how to use this site i would appreciate it. cheers!

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
one day i will plug my phone into my computer and get you guys some pictures. i got pretty pissed i spent all that time getting those other ones up that didnt work. if anybody has any more tips or where i can go to learn how to use this site i would appreciate it. cheers!

I use photobucket. If you want to learn how to post pics, pm me and I will answer any questions you have. I would love to see pictures of your build.

dmstcdan

Observer
Can't wait to see the pictures. I won't be making my camper permanent, I use the bed for hauling fire wood and other stuff. I would like to set my truck up so the bed mounts and dismounts easily and then build a camper bed for it. Get done hauling wood, remove the cargo bed. Mount the camper bed, then go camping.

the camper would take me between an hour or two to unmount. i built cross bracing under my craddle that holds it. i stick an air jack under there the front will pop right up as long as I unbolt the six bolts through my large L brackets. that takes no time. then in the rear right in the middle i can stick a jack and pop it up. I slide a 6x6 under it to some concrete block towers in front and rear drive the truck right out and I have a flatbed truck. i was going to to a giant water tank in the crib i built but if i do then it become a camper only truck. when im ready to hit the road full time i may. or i might just take barrels. i like everything to have as many purposes as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior