37" Tire Suggestions

D45

Explorer
I am currently running 37x13.50R20 Toyo Open Country MTs

While I do LOVE them, the front tires need replacing (bad alignment) and I have been thinking about just getting all 4 replaced, then selling the two goods ones or keeping them for spares

I have found three tires I like:

Cooper STT
Width: 13.6
Diameter: 36.8"
Capacity: Load E 3860 pounds
Tread Depth: 21/32"

Toyo MT
Width: 14"
Diameter: 37"

Hankook Dynapro MT (same specs as the Coopers)
Width: 13.6"
Diameter: 36.8"

I ran the Cooper STT before, and thought they did very well..........I really like their price too.

The Coopers are about $336, the Hankooks are $386, and the Toyos jump to $515

I want Load E Range...............anything else I should look at?

Anyone run or have the Hankooks?

Such decisions!

98dango

Expedition Leader
I would go coopers. In my personal trucks never had much luck with hankook out work trucks ran them and never an issue I think there bigger sizes just never held up for me. This was on 2 rigs a 78 surburban on 35s and my superduty on 37s.

leelikesbikes

Adventurer
coopers

the toyos are so heavy! i just went from kevlar mtr's to cooper st maxx in a 37 on my dodge, so far i think the st maxx will be a really good tire for what i like to do. i dont think they make an e load 37 though. the load rating on a d 37 is higher than the load rating on the stock size e tires. i havent found the d to be lacking and i sure like the ride quality of a d tire over an e, just my 2cents.

ZJARCHER

Adventurer
I've said it before, I'll say it again. I've ran every tire on the market. Toyo MT and AT are THE best tires made. Followed by Yokohama Geolanders

MT6bt

Rock hound
I've run cooper stts and liked them a lot except for the quick treadwear. And that was on a 4 runner. On my dodge I've ran through my first set of tires, toyo at 285/75/18 and was very pleased with their all around performance. Suprisingly excellent traction. However, i've recently discovered that toyo has outsourced their work to china.

D45

Explorer
The Geolanders are great tires, I ran them on my old Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4

However, they only make them in 37x12.50R20, not the 13.50 width I want

Yes, I have been very impressed by the wear and performance of my Toyo MTs

However, they are just too expensive for me right now

LovinPSDs

Adventurer
How aggressive of a tire are you looking for??? A "road M/T" or an "Offroad M/T"

I ran S.S. M-16s on my F350. Loud, but the tread wear was great, and they really were aggressive offroad. I can't honestly say I'd buy them again simply because I didn't end up offroad as much as I'd like with the truck, but when I was, they worked and worked well...

D45

Explorer
The M-16s are more than I want to spend........$480 each

Anyone running the Kuhmo Road Venture MTs?

98dango

Expedition Leader
I had the same price issue last year. Honestly as much road driving as I do I went to my stock 16 and 35s. I could have bought wheels and tires for less money than replacing my 38/20 Toyos

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
the toyos are so heavy! i just went from kevlar mtr's to cooper st maxx in a 37 on my dodge, so far i think the st maxx will be a really good tire for what i like to do. i dont think they make an e load 37 though. the load rating on a d 37 is higher than the load rating on the stock size e tires. i havent found the d to be lacking and i sure like the ride quality of a d tire over an e, just my 2cents.
The Toyos are beasts and are heavier due to their stronger construction. Kent Kroeker years ago from Kore completed the Baja 1000 without a flat and drove the vehicle home. Overkill for the average guy but diesels are so heavy.

xbox73

Adventurer
If you're willing/able to go down on rim size, the Toyo MT in size 37x13.50R17 (part# 360270) is a load range E, has 4300 lbs load capacity, generally balance very well & cost about $380. That's what I use on a heavy diesel Ford Excursion. The only downside I have found is that I have to run at the max 65 psi on the street to maintain lateral stability under heavy braking at high speed (e.g. emergency stop on freeway). Under heavy braking at high speed at say 50 psi tire pressure (what I tried at first), the truck could move as much as a foot in lateral distance towards the lanes on either side. Offsetting that is that I don't experience the same issue when I run the tires at max tire pressure, the ride is still comfortable & 20 inches of sidewall (37" tire - 17" rim) makes for good bruise resistance & comfort when off roading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94