Go Treads

amo292

Adventurer
Got to test out the Go Treads a bit more this weekend. They held up to an incredible amount of punishment and still look like new some how! I took my truck out with a bunch more capable, smaller vehicles out on the trails of New Hampshire this weekend. On a few of the obstacles my long wheel base and no lift was a major issue. I was able to stack rocks and Go treads on top like ramps a few times to get myself through some tough sections. I also used them in the folded position to drop off a few ledges. I know this is not how they are supposed to be used, but I value my truck more than the treads. I expected them to break under my 5000 lb + Tundra loaded with camping gear, but they held up. They didn't even crack! Mind you it was also low 30 degrees and snow flurries starting. This weekend proved to me how well built these things really are and how useful they are to carry! Once the winter really sets in I hope to see their snow/Ice performance.

Attachments

• IMG_5606.JPG
    IMG_5606.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 67

Kevin108

Explorer
I picked up a pair of these at Overland Expo East. Just looking to see if anybody else was using them and if they worked as well as expected.

Flat_Ernie

Observer
If you're a sponsor then I don't think there should be an issue with them doing group purchases or discounts, or promoting their products anywhere. These sponsors have already paid for the ability to advertise their products. If I paid money to sell my products on this website and then I can't run promotions or whatever, I'd be like "******?"

As much as I may disagree with not letting members ban together for discounts on products from nonsponsors, I can see why the site owners may choose to run their business the way they do. Their site, their rules and all. I don't hafta like it, but I can see where they are coming from. I do think that allowing members with no business interest to share deals or "finds" should be allowed though. That's one of the great values a collaborative forum can provide.

I am on another forum - the HAMB - it's the largest hot-rod forum out there. They leverage that large group dynamic precisely to get the members the best deals on buys. You can pay for a HAMB Alliance subscription and it will open up all sorts of deals. Sort of like a COSTCO or Sam's Club type setup.

Although I'm very new to expedition portal, it seems to me to be large enough, and niche enough to leverage a concept such as this...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94