Go Treads

libarata

Expedition Leader
I think they are primarily geared toward snow, but I will be E-Mailing them later to inquire. They are manufactured in the USA(kick-***), and fold up nice. Obviously they are not tacticool, or sexy like a maxtrax, but I can see myself using this in my roo. Less than 50 bucks each? Just the right price for our fleet of roos!

http://gotreads.com

java

Expedition Leader
Interesting. Definitely looks like it would add traction, not rigid enough to pull you "up and out" if that makes sense. The size and folding is nice though!!

libarata

Expedition Leader
They did also drive a fully encumbered semi over it. For 100 bucks worth of American made unsticker, I can't wait to grab em, and try em out. I shot the E-Mail off, and asked if they have considered competing with MaxTrax. I would love to see American ingenuity compete with the Australians.

libarata

Expedition Leader
"Matthew,

Go Treads was designed for military use in jungle, desert and beach landing situations. It is tough enough to withstand the pounding forces of heavily loaded military trucks and fully loaded semi trucks. This tool works well in sand and mud; that is why the military uses our product.

On the commercial trucking side of things, Go Treads is mostly used in snow because these trucks are not usually on sandy or muddy roads. Since Go Treads folds up to fit in a small area, our customers (military and commercial) like the fact that our tool does not take up much of the valuable cargo space. "

The owner of the company responded to my inquiry with the above, and a video on Vimeo. The video required a password, so I wont share it here. It showed a 10ton Army surplus truck stuck in a considerable amount of sand, and then being unstuck by the product. It has impressed me to the degree of putting four of these on my wishlist!

libarata

Expedition Leader
I am hoping so! I always took 2x4s with bolts in them during the winter and rainy seasons with me. Messy as all get out. This, with one of those reusable shopping bags as a carrier would rock.

TerryD

Adventurer
Looks like what I've been searching for. I've been wanting to take my Crew Cab out onto the beach and have been looking at things like this for a just in case tool. These would drop into my toolbox easily and not eat up much room. Looks like they could possibly pull double duty as a Hi-Lift base in the soft stuff as well!

libarata

Expedition Leader
All I have to say, is that I will be ordering our Subarus each a set. Should you order any, tell em Matthew/libarata sent ya :D But, I can try and see if I can organize a group by if you are interested.

libarata

Expedition Leader
Over on American Adventurist, I have a total of eight units asked for. This evening, I will inform the company to see what we would need for a better discount than what they have currently offered. If possible for a larger discount, I will create a group buy thread.

Wh1t3nukle

I gotz dis
Over on American Adventurist, I have a total of eight units asked for. This evening, I will inform the company to see what we would need for a better discount than what they have currently offered. If possible for a larger discount, I will create a group buy thread.

I'm in for a pair.

libarata

Expedition Leader
Hey guys, just so you all know... Folks from 2010 are pissed because they can't read a product description and feel jipped. One of them is from someone who did not actually purchase the product, but still rated it low. Yeah, reason enough to not buy them indeedy! That was a worthless post SmoothLC.

"I bought a set of these at a local store and pulled them out last year after a hefty snowfall...the traction between the tire and the tool was great, but the traction between the tool and the snowy ground was not so good. The car merely spun them up inside the wheel housing, causing more problems. The tread on this product is slightly different; maybe it offers a better hold?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles