Group-buy Pull-Pal: Ends 1/26/15

Howard70

Adventurer
Hello Will:

Thanks for putting this together. I'll join for either the RW14000 or RW16000 and a case. Any idea about the timing and when you'll need payment and final decision on model?

Will they be drop shipped from Colorado or come from your place? We'll be heading through AZ before Christmas and picking it up from you could be the most convenient.

Howard

Anyone know...if the RW11000 is sufficient for a modded FJ(~5500 stock)???? I figure as much...and I assume I am buying this(size) for my vehicles use and not as a loaner to stuck bigger/heavier rigs on trails...?

Also want a case...

Mike

Last edited:

Camelfilter

Explorer
I did read the thread on the PullPal vs the WASP. Thanks for the link Flyingwil. It seems the PullPal wins for sure. Question I cant seem to resolve though: Would the ARB product(Portable anchor) have behaved similarly to the WASP? Am I kidding myself to think that a slight design change with ARB vs Smittybuilt's product could make the difference?...and hence get an explorer into an anchor that weighs less and packs better?

Does anyone have actual ARB insights?

Many thanks...and sorry if this was the worng place to ask this.

:)

Mike

The ARB version has small plates at the end of the anchor portion, similar to where your shoe would go on a shovel. The smitty bilt version does not have those plates. The plates would seem to keep & compact more dirt/gravel/sand while perhaps guiding the device deeper due to the compacting. Course I don't know for sure...

I have yet to test my Smitty Bilt version, but will post up a thread when I do. I have a few reservations in regards to the test performed in the thread linked to above. There line runout didn't look too long to me. I also have my own ideas on how to properly "set" the device if doing a solo recovery (use a shovel...).

I won't be testing it until late spring at the earliest though, more likely over the summer.

Am I right in thinking, when choosing which model of a Pull Pal, i.e. RW11000 vs RW14000, that I need not just consider the Vehicle weight, but also the ' vehicle weight' and added 'weight of being stuck'...if that makes sense?

:)

Mike

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Of course.

Reality is that many situations where you're going to be stuck, you can probably get out with light pulls. Unless, of course, you like to test the limits....like getting frame deep in sticky mud, which calls for a pull that's at least 2x vehicle weight. Up to cab, might be 3x vehicle weight. Of course, these aren't aided pulls, which is why it's pretty much always worthwhile to put an hour or so into digging and rigging ramps. FM20-22 will give you some good ideas if you haven't had any of this entertainment in the field, yet.

Willman

We will be looking to close out this group buy first part of January. Post up if you want to be added to the list.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Also in for a 16 k (I have to keep up with that other Fuso FG driver!).

Howard

As your club president, I formally recognize your dedication to our recovery gearishness goals. We'll present the award at the next International Meeting, scheduled to be in Ittoqqortoormiit, Greenland this year.:coffee:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior