Group-buy Pull-Pal: Ends 1/26/15

Fzzt

Observer
Delivered! Carrying this sucker up a sand dune is going to be a fun challenge. Starting to rethink a wireless winch controller to aid in setting this sucker.
Thanks for the GB and fast service. Placing the SE sticker on my fridge :)

Howard70

Adventurer
I Like The Color!

Arrived on Wednesday. Great color:

i-9WrVRj3-XL.jpg

i-KTW68c2-XL.jpg

i-SwK337j-XL.jpg

We'll probably move it aft an inch and possibly use the FourTreks mounts bolted directly to the bumper. I'd hoped that the shaft would store within the EarthCruiser's MaxTrax compartment, but it is 5/8" too long. We need weight forward anyway, so the winch bumper is probably a good spot.

Howard

Last edited:

Howard70

Adventurer
Howard70-that looks super awesome!! Did you have the Pullpal painted!???

Hello Mike:

No the PullPal came that color - so I had the bumper painted to match.....

Actually the match in color was simply fortuitous. Usually those sorts of coincidences don't happen to us.

I'm impressed by the build quality of the PullPal and of the case. I thought the case was pricey at more than $70, but after having one in my hands and working with the restraint straps, the padding, the durable material, etc. I'm convinced the case is reasonably priced - not cheap, but not overpriced for what you get.

Thanks again to Will for setting this all up.

Howard

Didnt mean to be cryptic...was wondering what the 'feel was like' hauling the 11K around. The 14K is one heavy piece. I called PullPal and they said that the 14K is just 7 pounds heavier than the 11K. (43pnds Vs 36pnds).

Mike

Not sure what you mean? Like too heavy for size rating? It's solid that's for sure. FedEx guy was like WTH is this thing!

Fzzt

Observer
No prob, Mike. Upon first assembly and throwing it over my shoulder I had flash backs to humping an M3 tripod (for M2HB .50 machine gun) around or for those nautically inclined a long shank boat anchor!
I didn't know the weight difference between the 11k & 14K thanks. I think 36lbs over rough terrain will be more than enough challenge for me now hehe. Hopefully, speed won't be a requirement for any of my recoveries with it!

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions

Awe man, after all that we done to try and get this group buy going, you go and post an amazon link?:yikes: (Not being harsh, sarcasm is hard to type)

We have free shipping on orders over $99 using coupon code: OVER99, and our Pull-Pal are here: http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=249

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz