Family Adventures in the UK

matcooper

Land Rovers Live
Hi All,
I realise that many of you are form out of town so to speak. But of those in the know where are the best spots for weekend adventures with the family? Wifee and 2 Small Girls.

redneck44

Adventurer
Hi
Depends on what you call adventures. From the midlands you have all sorts of options, assuming you want driving fun as well as kid freindly stuff.

- North Wales, Anglessy, there are some really nice camp sites in the mountains or right on the beach, with some interesting local byways.
- Peak district, again nice campsites and byways, hills, lakes and cliffs to play on.
- South Walse, Brecon Beacons, or go a bit futher to The Gower or Pembrokshire.

the list could be huge but we could really do with some more info on what you call adventure.

A3M0N

Observer
Unfortunately we didn't do much of anything while I was stationed in England. We "hiked" a few times though Aspal Close near Lakenheath Village, but that's really about it. There are some beautiful small roads in England though. Sometimes just navigating though cities in an American SUV was adventure enough!

Gren_T

Adventurer
Come to wales or go to scotland you already know about the busy bits in between.
I'm in the south close to Brecon and the Gower - hills & beaches what more could you want

regards

Gren

hmmar

Observer
Scotland is really really amazing and wonderful Country of the United Kingdom. I want to go for a trip point of view with my family. Is it good or not?

jeepgc

Adventurer
Scotland is an amazing place.

Your family will love it.

A word of warning though, if you go in Summer, late May through to early September - weather pending, it's midge season.

If you're going to go during those months and you're going to travel inland away from the breezy coasts, I strongly recommend you take midge face nets or hats.

There is a midge forecast website, not sure how accurate it is.

That is the ONLY downside of visiting such a fantastic country.

hmmar

Observer
Thanks for information. I like it and now i will have to go in this September 2016. I wish I Will good time spend and enjoy our holidays there with each other, but now

I want to know something about its attraction which will be good for travel.. Have anyone idea?

jeepgc

Adventurer
I like the Lonely Planet guides, get yourself one of these and take a look.

Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher

Lonely Planet Scotland's Highlands & Islands is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Island-hop between more than 700 islands, hike through the country's finest scenery, or tour a distillery to sample various types of whisky; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Scotland's Highlands and Islands and begin your journey now!

Inside Lonely Planet Scotland's Highlands & Islands Travel Guide:

Colour maps and images throughout Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including culture, history, literature, music, dance, sport, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine Over 53 local maps Useful features - including Top Experiences, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Outdoor Activities Coverage of Loch Lomond, the Trossachs, Cowal Peninsula, Loch Ness, the Cairngorms, Lerwick, the North Isles, Stromness, Kirkwall, the Western Isles, Skye, Deeside, Strathdon, West Perthshire, Oban, and more

eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)

Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges Seamlessly flip between pages Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms

The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Scotland's Highlands & Islands, our most comprehensive guide to Scotland's Highlands and Islands, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.

Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Scotland guide for a comprehensive look at what the whole country has to offer, or Discover Scotland, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular sights.

Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Neil Wilson.

About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles