I Screwed Up, Bought a Tacoma, Now Want 4 Runner

Chim

Everyone's doggin the Corolla haha.. I sold my 2014 Tacoma for the same price I bought it for with 8k on it and bought a low mile 2011 Corolla and an 87 4Runner to fix up :)

p nut

butter
Forget a Corolla--more like a bicycle.

That said, you can't blame this guy. This just tells you how messed up our system is. People collecting unemployment buying new trucks. Total set up for failure.

Switch

Observer
I have had 5 pickups in my life and 3 SUV's. I like them both. However, I told myself for my next purchase I would definitely be getting an SUV and not a pickup. Well, stupid me did a total impulse buy and bought a 2013 Tacoma 4x4 to replace my older Tacoma.

I've had my Tacoma for 4 months now and although I like it I am looking at trading it in for a 4Runner.

There is a 2013 4 Runner 4x4 at a local dealer but I am pretty broke and unemployed.

Call me stupid.

The solution to this problem has three steps:
Step 1: Remove Tacoma emblem
Step 2: Get a 4Runner emblem. Note if your Tacoma is a V4 you get a bonus V6 upgrade.
Step 2 (alternative): Get a Corolla emblem. Sorry no V6 option.
Step 3: Apply the emblem.

And lastly (humor aside), well I really don't have anything to contribute except sympathy. It is a bit of a transition to move from an older model Tacoma to the the current generation. I do wish you luck!

Last edited:

Loubaru

Adventurer
^^

Ugh...while I do agree the system is messed up I also do think a lot of people, mainly from my generation (late 20's, early 30's), have ZERO personal responsibility when it comes to finances. I have no clue why someone with no savings would think its a good idea to buy a new truck or even a house (think 2006 market and the CRAZY loans people where SIGNING their name to)! Then when things start going wrong Its always someone else's fault.....

bikerjosh

Explorer
^^

Ugh...while I do agree the system is messed up I also do think a lot of people, mainly from my generation (late 20's, early 30's), have ZERO personal responsibility when it comes to finances. I have no clue why someone with no savings would think its a good idea to buy a new truck or even a house (think 2006 market and the CRAZY loans people where SIGNING their name to)! Then when things start going wrong Its always someone else's fault.....

Man, I feel so old when I read stories of people in 20-30s over their head financially. Try being homeless for a few months and living out of tent in your 20s, or having a roof over your head but having to eat lentil soup you make from scratch for weeks because you can't afford anything else and have too much pride to go on food stamps. Those kind of experiences put a lot of stuff into perspective. To the OP, in the end you'll make your own decisions but I'd take a look at your priorities make sure you aren't digging a bigger hole.

luk4mud

Explorer
I say go for it! If you're in a hole and just keep digging, you're bound to get out right?

I have had 5 pickups in my life and 3 SUV's. I like them both. However, I told myself for my next purchase I would definitely be getting an SUV and not a pickup. Well, stupid me did a total impulse buy and bought a 2013 Tacoma 4x4 to replace my older Tacoma.

I've had my Tacoma for 4 months now and although I like it I am looking at trading it in for a 4Runner.

There is a 2013 4 Runner 4x4 at a local dealer but I am pretty broke and unemployed.

Call me stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior