2015/2016 New 3rd gen Tacoma Debut in Detriot

bkg

Explorer

last comment on the arm... unless y'all want pics...

went to office today for a meeting (technically shouldn't be driving) and my old boss asked exactly what happened... and listened intently... and said "wait... no 'hold my beer?' or 'watch this!' I'm disappointed! I expected more from you..." I feel like I've let people down! :(

Clutch

<---Pass
l

went to office today for a meeting (technically shouldn't be driving) and my old boss asked exactly what happened... and listened intently... and said "wait... no 'hold my beer?' or 'watch this!' I'm disappointed! I expected more from you..."

Ha ha....that is awesome!

screwball48

Explorer
Any hopes of the backseat in the new truck having increased leg room? Just a little increase to the same leg room as a 4th gen 4runner would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DVexile

Adventurer
Any hopes of the backseat in the new truck having increased leg room? Just a little increase to the same leg room as a 4th gen 4runner would be nice.

At this point the answer appears to be "no". The overall body length has grown very slightly by a few inches but all of that went into increased crumple zones for safety. The present understanding is the cab dimensions are essentially identical to the 2015 model.

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
Thinking Toyota as a car company is incorrect. Ask most any employee, and they will tell you that Toyota is in a fact a paperwork company. To fund its paperwork venture, they build cars that are only as innovative as they have to be. Being a leader in (visible) technology is viewed as very risky.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

tgreening

Expedition Leader
2016_Toyota_Tacoma_TRD_OffRoad_001_65242_42747_low.jpg

ICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought the new Tacoma might very well be my next truck (coming up on the 10 year/200k mile mark) but I'll stick with my 2007 after seeing this!

Ok, picture this. Paint the outside of the grill a nice bright red. Doesn't it look like a giant blow up sex doll now? :) Or possibly Elizabeth Berkley in Showgirls....

tyv12

Adventurer
Ok with the color match grille that looks sick, too much chrome on the other ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I've heard rumors of dealers receiving them in September or October.

Dealers around here owned by a Los Angeles Auto Group will no doubt keep inventory hidden and create a false sense of limited supplies and manipulate the going prices. If you buy a new vehicle research the dealers and figure out which dealers are all owned by the same Group then avoid them given you won't get a fair deal purchasing from them. I had a Toyota sales manager flat out tell me he didn't negotiate on his used cars and referenced three local dealer adds dealers all owned by the same parent company as to why he wouldn't negotiate. I laughed and walked away and will never purchase a new Toyota from any of the local dealers which are all owned by the same Auto Group. Especially after he commented I was free to drive 400 miles out of their ahem - manipulated market area.

So any of you guys thinking of buying new do a little digging into your dealers to figure out which dealers are all owned by the same company then avoid them. Cuz you won't get a fair price from those dealers.

FYI
Marin Toyota in Marin CA
Dublin Toyota in Dublin CA
I think Walnut Creek Toyota in Walnut Creek CA
I think Oakland Toyota in Oakland CA
Vacaville Toyota in Vacaville CA
Roseville Toyota in Roseville CA
I think Livermore Toyota in Livermore

Are all owned by a company based in Los Angeles - I know that they also own several of the Audi dealers and a few other brands in the region also. Research the dealer and who owns the business it could save you thousands in purchase price!
Good luck!!!
Oh and my recent Ford purchase the Costco program sucked and we got a better deal just negotiating with the dealer though it took two days before our local Ford Dealer got real and started talking invoice pricing on a 2016 vs MSRP on a year old 2015. LOL

Last edited:

Doc_

Sammich!
To be the opposite of my usual optimistic self, I'm not holding my breath on the third gen.
What made the old-iron Toyotas I love great was the fact that the company itself resolved to sell a pickup that offered nothing anyone actually wanted but instead was everything we needed. Ever since the second-gen, Toyota has been trying to please the masses when they should be making a simple practical truck that just gets things done and is easy to work on.

There's something drastically wrong in the truck world these days, and I can't quite put my finger on it, but something is off. In today's money a work-ready truck like a W100 or a J20 rolled off the lot for like fifteen grand and offered an owner a lifetime of work. Now a basic truck is pushing into the $30,000 range and comes with all manner of silly electronics that will die ten minutes after the warranty expires, leaving the whole truck a useless hulk. We need to take our pickups back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94