2015/2016 New 3rd gen Tacoma Debut in Detriot

Clutch

<---Pass
This will help bring 2nd gen tacoma resale back to earth...

Or jack it up, if they screw up the Tacoma...rumor has it, it will be even bigger this going around, with less power and worse mileage! :D

...and to really give loyal Toyota fans a kick in the bearings, they are dropping the manual trans too!

Last edited:

Subspd

Adventurer
Or jack it up, if they screw up the Tacoma...rumor has it, it will be even bigger this going around, with less horsepower and worse mileage! :D

True! I knew this would be a 'spirited' thread. Little early since it won't be revealed until January. But after ten years of waiting I can't wait to see what they do for better or for worse.

Clutch

<---Pass
True! I knew this would be a 'spirited' thread.

:elkgrin:

The grill will be like the 4Runner...but even more Predator looking...fangs will be added to enhance it even more! :)

The front clip will ALL be one piece now, so the addition of aftermarket bumpers will be more "pleasurable" to install.

duckhunter71

Adventurer
I can't hardly wait! I don't think they'll mess with the formula too much. Colorado and Canyon have a lot going for them so I would expect it to be competitive with that if not more so. I test drove a Colorado Wednesday evening and was very impressed - I currently have a pile of crap Silverado and think they finally got their act together. If this truck is any form of improvement on the current one, I will most likely be buying one next fall.

tyv12

Adventurer
All the tundra hype for 2014 and we got. Boatload of chrome and a facelift... Boo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clutch

<---Pass
All the tundra hype for 2014 and we got. Boatload of chrome and a facelift... Boo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey...don't forget the new giant cod piece grill. Wonder if their target market is men with low self esteem?

jds0912

Adventurer
Attention all aftermarket vendors. I don't have the CAD files yet, but if you want to get a headstart on your 2015 Tacoma bumpers, here's a preview of the front clip.
RayDM2512_800x528.jpg

Subspd

Adventurer
No pictures of the 3rd gen are available yet. Should see some leaked right before the Detroit auto show in January.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
If I was a betting man, I'd say that Toyota is going to wait and see how well the new Colorado/Canyon diesel does in the US market before spending the $$ to bring a diesel here.
I think most of the advantages of a diesel are either overstated or are entirely missing from the current crop of new, emissions compliant diesel engines. Given a higher initial cost for diesel and higher fuel prices, and only a marginal improvement in MPG, I can't imagine that very many people would select a diesel option even if it was offered in a small truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke