Box Rocket 1995 FZJ80 Build

cmcmill01

The light has about a 12" long pigtail. I ran wires through my bluesea fuse panel and along the firewall and they come out through the seam between the cowl and the fender behind the snorkel. Then ran the wires up the back of the snorkel to the roofrack.

Great thanks, was thinking about drilling a hole in the cowl and using some kind of cable gland, but would rather not, sorry to be a PITA but any chance of a quick pic on where it comes through to behind the snorkel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Box Rocket

Great thanks, was thinking about drilling a hole in the cowl and using some kind of cable gland, but would rather not, sorry to be a PITA but any chance of a quick pic on where it comes through to behind the snorkel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure there are "cleaner" methods and I may tweak this in the future but this is how it is currently.

rocrunr

Adventurer
Just a thought but could you not run the wire from under the hood up through the snorkel tube then out a little hole in the side of the tube near the top to the light bar.?

Box Rocket

Just a thought but could you not run the wire from under the hood up through the snorkel tube then out a little hole in the side of the tube near the top to the light bar.?

Sure, that would work and I think some have done that. To me, I didn't think it was necessary to do that since it really doesn't hide the wires any more that way as they'd have to exit the snorkel at about the same spot mine become really visible. Also saves me from drilling a hole in a snorkel and make another place for moisture to get in.

Docbg

Thanks for the inspiration for the CB, got the same one and super easy to trim into place. Where did you end up putting your antennae? And how did you wire everything? Thanks, Ben image.jpg

Box Rocket

Thanks for the inspiration for the CB, got the same one and super easy to trim into place. Where did you end up putting your antennae? And how did you wire everything? Thanks, Ben View attachment 331041
You can see my antenna in the photo in my last post. It's on the passenger side corner of my front bumper. I didn't do anything fancy with the wiring. I have power running through a BlueSea fuse panel. All you need is power and ground and the inline fuse that comes with these is typically just fine so no need to make it complicated.

spb253

Working on cleaning up a bit of wiring. I have a BlueSea fuse panel I still need to install but I got some of the wiring cleaned up and a couple new switches all hooked up. I hate the coin slots in the center console. They are just traps for gunk and that's about it. So it was a good place for the new switches.

Where did you get the switches? I've been wanting to put some in the same location and those rockers look great!

Box Rocket

Got a bit of trail time in Canyonlands over the weekend. I really needed it to clear my head. My brother in law came along in his really nicely set up LX470.

Box Rocket

I was working Saturday in Moab for Jeep Safari but was able to make a little detour on the way down there on Friday. My 15 yr old son, Bjornn was with me so he did some driving and I took some pics since it was a beautiful afternoon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz