Box Rocket 1995 FZJ80 Build

Box Rocket

Thanks. the reason for the logo is because I'm a sales rep for Tepui and this is my "work" truck since I do several events etc for Tepui through the year. The position of the stripe was to align with the door handles for a clean line down the whole side of the truck.
The MTR's are cool. I had a set on my Tacoma and really like their performance offroad. They're kinda loud on the road but I didn't get them for road driving. Mine measured at 34.6" tall when I got them so just slightly shorter than a true 35.

2scars

Adventurer
The logo is sharp Adam, very slick. Can't wait tower it fully dressed with the rack and a tent up there. Any plan for a wind deflector or anything or do you not really notice them on top?

Box Rocket

The logo is sharp Adam, very slick. Can't wait tower it fully dressed with the rack and a tent up there. Any plan for a wind deflector or anything or do you not really notice them on top?

The rack will have a deflector, but I'm not planning to run a big one to match the height of the tent. I'm sure I'll notice some drag with the tent up there but it is what it is.

Box Rocket

replaced coolant hoses, PHH, t-stat and drained the green coolant that was in the radiator and went back to Toyota red coolant last night. Nice to have some of this minor stuff taken care of.

Box Rocket

15 years and 150K miles later an my old '93 left yesterday on it's way to a new owner. It has been a fantastic truck for us for a long time. A short history for anyone that cares, we found it back in 2000 in Houston, Texas with 110K miles and it already had a bit of a lift and the ARB bumper but that was about it. We took countless trips in that truck and it was our primary family wheeler as each of our 4 kids were born. It had very few mechanical issues ever. I think we replaced a bunch of hoses and an O2 sensor, and needed to replace a bent axle shaft at one point but otherwise it was extremely reliable. The odometer shows 252K miles now, and it could be getting a V8 swap by the new owner.
Yesterday was probably the last time for a while I'd have 3 Toyotas in the driveway so I had to snap a photo. On the plus side, my wife suggested last night that we start looking for a old project truck for my boys so maybe we'll have a 3rd Toyota again before too long.

Couple old memories.
Set up to flat tow the 40 to the Rubicon

lots of trips to Moab

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
What make/model is the pup? We met some people with a fresh GSP pup this weekend and I think my wife is thinking toooo hard!

Box Rocket

What make/model is the pup? We met some people with a fresh GSP pup this weekend and I think my wife is thinking toooo hard!

The pup is a Chinook. Pretty hard to find right now as they have only been an AKC recognized breed for a few years and there are only about 800 of them total. So far I have been super impressed with him. Great pup, and extremely intelligent.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Cool! I read up on them and the breed has a very interesting story. Perfect dog for a family in the mountains!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles