Box Rocket 1995 FZJ80 Build

mervo

Observer
Subbed.

As a new owner of a 95 stock 80series i can see i have a lot of work to do.

Fantastic thread, beautiful build, and it's great to see pics where all the family is involved, and getting into the backcountry.

Last edited:

Box Rocket

Dude this is a fantastic thread, really love what you've done with your 80.

Thank you.
Alright, I got some better photos of the SCS SR8s. I really like how these turned out on the Cruiser. Perfect amount of backspacing IMO to push the tires out flush with the flares but not too far. There are not a lot of aftermarket wheels that I think look right on an 80 series cruiser and so many of the aftermarket wheels nowadays are so busy and flashy it just doesn't look right. At the same time I want a bit more "updated" look than with heavy, factory steel wheels and I like the weight savings of an alloy wheel. These work great for me since they're lightweight, fresh look without being too busy and durable for how the truck will get used.

jds0912

Adventurer
Thank you.

128945845721722320.jpg

Box Rocket

A couple small tweaks were made last night. I've been thinking about changing how my spare tire is mounted for a while. When I originally built the swing out I had the spare mounted straight up and down. It's been fine but I wanted to tuck it in a bit tighter and possibly angle it to match the rear window. Also my hilift has been mounted on an angle behind the spare. That wasn't going to work with the changed spare so it got moved to a vertical position next to the tire. So I finally made those changes last night.
Before:

After:

Lastly, I swapped out my non-locking swingout latch for a locking one.

Box Rocket

I'm a little late to this party.....Taco sold?

Yep. I couldn't really justify two trucks built for essentially the same purpose and I couldn't fit the whole family comfortably in the Taco any longer so it had to go. It was a fantastic truck though. One of my favorites.

Box Rocket

Working on cleaning up a bit of wiring. I have a BlueSea fuse panel I still need to install but I got some of the wiring cleaned up and a couple new switches all hooked up. I hate the coin slots in the center console. They are just traps for gunk and that's about it. So it was a good place for the new switches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior