Box Rocket 1995 FZJ80 Build

Kole

Adventurer
Ordered a snorkel today on Amazon. It's a Safari knockoff.....yeah I know, you get what you pay for. I have had a few safari snorkels in the past and the quality is great. We'll see how this one compares. For the cost, I won't be too hurt if it doesn't stack up. But if it's decent, I'm sure it will do the trick. I'll occasionally venture into deep water but I like the snorkel more for the help in the dust on the local trails as well as to reduce my intake temps which can get pretty toasty in the summer time.

I've seen a few knockoff's up close. Seemed good enough to me. You can nitpick if you get up close and inspect it but it's a big black slug on the side of your truck after all. Heck my ARB on my taco was bought from a guy who rolled his truck. It's not perfect but it's kept the truck breathing with copious dust and water up to the bottom of the windshield a couple times. Gotta love the Ozarks.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Ordered a snorkel today on Amazon. It's a Safari knockoff.....yeah I know, you get what you pay for. I have had a few safari snorkels in the past and the quality is great. We'll see how this one compares. For the cost, I won't be too hurt if it doesn't stack up. But if it's decent, I'm sure it will do the trick. I'll occasionally venture into deep water but I like the snorkel more for the help in the dust on the local trails as well as to reduce my intake temps which can get pretty toasty in the summer time.

The Chinese snorkels are hit and miss, some have pretty frail plastic, others are actually pretty decent. The cost is obvious, no R&D is a pretty easy business model but soon there isn't a company doing the R&D. Then again, ff it cracks you can always wrap it with carbon fiber vinyl :D

Box Rocket

The Chinese snorkels are hit and miss, some have pretty frail plastic, others are actually pretty decent. The cost is obvious, no R&D is a pretty easy business model but soon there isn't a company doing the R&D. Then again, ff it cracks you can always wrap it with carbon fiber vinyl :D

I'm out of vinyl. ;) But appreciate the jab.

Last edited:

Box Rocket

TMS Snorkel showed up this morning. Initial inspection looks really good. I see very little difference between this TMS snorkel and the Safari ones I've had in the past. Obviously it doesn't have "Safari Snorkels" embossed in the body so it's a smooth exterior but the plastic is thick and looks to be well formed with no flaws that I could find. I haven't had time to install it yet or check the template for accuracy so I can't report on fitment quality yet. But for now it seems like $40 well spent. :)

Box Rocket

I know some will like this, some will flat out hate it. Personally I like it. Purely cosmetic mod.....mustang scoop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior