Box Rocket 1995 FZJ80 Build

nuclearlemon

Adventurer
should've kept the old bearing..the big holes were vents to help keep them cool ;)

are you going part time? the marlin seals are notorious for early failure on full time rigs.

looking good. love the carbon fiber on the arb...neat way to make it a bit more distinctive.

Box Rocket

should've kept the old bearing..the big holes were vents to help keep them cool ;)

are you going part time? the marlin seals are notorious for early failure on full time rigs.

looking good. love the carbon fiber on the arb...neat way to make it a bit more distinctive.

I'd love to switch it to part time. I need to do a bit more reading on it. I haven't really even considered it until now so I'm not up to speed on how involved it is.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
Spent the weekend in Moab manning the Tepui Tents display we did at Gearheads on Mainstreet. Was a great day on Saturday and talked with a ton of people include a few from the forum and others. If any of you were ones that came by and said hello, thank you.
You're welcome. It was nice to meet you as well. Great looking set up by the way.

Box Rocket

I was hoping to have some new skids built in time for Cruise Moab next week but it's not going to happen. Hopefully get to it by Cruiserfest. :)

Box Rocket

had a great time at Cruise Moab last week. The Cruiser worked well all week. I did need to tighten a loose wheel bearing at one point but otherwise a flawless weekend of trails.

cruiserpilot

Adventurer
I've been following Big Mikes thread on Marlins site, looks like you had a really great weekend. That last photo, there is a video of Mike and Marlin
crawling up that, but the video is from above. Is it really that steep! Holy Crap!
Wishing I was there...J

Box Rocket

I've been following Big Mikes thread on Marlins site, looks like you had a really great weekend. That last photo, there is a video of Mike and Marlin
crawling up that, but the video is from above. Is it really that steep! Holy Crap!
Wishing I was there...J

Yeah our run with Marlin and Mike was awesome. One of the best times I've had on a trail. That photo is maybe a bit deceiving with how steep it is. It's steep but not aweful.

cruiserpilot

Adventurer
I was wondering how your roof rack handled its duties? I just sent another inquiring email to the builder. I am very hopeful he can have a
completed version by mid June for the 60 series. Would you consider tire plus 4 - 5 gal fuel cans up there? Obviously for long hauling, not trail running.
Looks really good on the truck.

Box Rocket

I was wondering how your roof rack handled its duties? I just sent another inquiring email to the builder. I am very hopeful he can have a
completed version by mid June for the 60 series. Would you consider tire plus 4 - 5 gal fuel cans up there? Obviously for long hauling, not trail running.
Looks really good on the truck.

The rack is working great. It will have no problem at all carrying a spare and several fuel cans. Personally I wouldn't carry that kind of weight up on the rack, not because the rack can't handle it, but I just don't like that much weight up that high. But the rack won't even flinch with that stuff up there.

Box Rocket

Awesome! you have the rest of the video?
thanks for sharing

No it wasn't my video. We backed up and just straddled the crack and drove out. Two days later we ran that same section again and my brother in law was driving my truck. He lifted a tire (not quite as high) and drove it right out. When I did it (in the video) I was just a little off the correct line to drive it out. Literally just a matter of inches in success or failure. Good times either way. :)
Here's my brother in law.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94